“Excellent Food & Service”

DiNapoli's Firehouse Italian Eatery
Ranked #5 of 114 Restaurants in Barstow
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Stopped in for dinner and the food was excellent. The Lasagna was excellent and the Stellas were ice cold. Plus they have a very unique decor.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (426)

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

This restaurant has an lively and attractive atmosphere with walls covered with memorabilia related to city fire departments.

I would normally expect this type of place to have a large selection of draft beer, but it only has a modest selection of bottled beer, and that does not include a chilled glass.

My wife had a salad that was quite good, though not unusual.

I ordered eggplant parmagiano for about $15. It consisted of just two slices of eggplant that were fried and covered in a sickly looking thin white cheese coating. They were tasty enough, but not ample, especially considering that eggplant is inexpensive. My dish included spaghetti in a tomato sauce that tasted like canned tomatos with no seasoning. The best part of the meal was warm garlic bread that was included.

Altogether, not a bad place, but not worth the prices.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 15, 2019

Ordered lasagne, wish I hadn’t , this was the worst meal I have ever eaten. Nothing like real lasagne, Hardly any pasta sheets, horrible small sausages , dry white powder (I still have no idea what this was)..travelling on business with three other colleges they all agreed sub standard food, non of us enjoyed any if it, fake Italian at best.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 17, 2019

We had lunch here on 11/12/19. The meatball pizza with extra ricotta cheese was good and the meatball grinder (sub) was very good. This is the second time we have eaten here and we will be back the next time we are in Barstow.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 31, 2019

Good food, thought servers may have been more attentive. Excellent starter salad followed by my lasagne and my wife's ravioli. Healthy sized servings and the pasta was excellent. Lots of sauce, I hate dry lasagne. The staff was friendly and helpful but our glasses sat empty and we had to request the bill. I would happily go back there, I did enjoy the meal.

Date of visit: October 2019