“Super interesting commentary”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Super interesting commentary”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The Mikve was fascinating but more for the commentary and wonderful guide than the small indoor ceremonial baths located down a stairway near the river. Our commentary was in Spanish (which luckily I could understand) but I am sure that English could be catered for. There were only 4 people in our group so it was quite personalized. Our guide also showed us the remains of the upstairs synagogue and explained the Jewish rituals. It was well worth while.

You book at the central tourist office and that's where the tour leaves from.

Visited September 2012

Ceret, France
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Besalu a town worth stopping for”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Fabulous place , like a mini Carcassonne , beautifully done and great to walk around. Great restaurants and bars and lots of lovely architecture

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Hidden gem of the spain”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I didnt know anything about Girona before Ive been there. Of course I didnt expect at all. Now Girona is one of my favourite city of my Eurotrio. Especially, this area Besalu was amazing.
Beautiful bridge reminded me of the karl bridge in Prague. But Its quieter and smaller. I heard Its appeared in a scene of the movie 'perfume'. It makes me impressed as I love that movie.
following small streets was interesting. lovely souvenir shops, icecream and coffee shop, melody machine plays old pop. I could see the houses with the dusty windows too. Seeing the real house local people live is always gives me a special feeling. The old atmosphere around the whole town attracted me so much.

our guide miquel, who is really love his home town and has a heart take care of trevellers, helped us a lot during our trip. I will never forget that.
you can check this site :
www.gironatrip.com

2 Thank Yeji
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A Medieval Gem, With a Local Taste.”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

You can almost smell the history pouring out of the magnificently constructed walls of Besalu. The postcard scenery blew us away. When we arrived, I saw the bridges reflection into the river and the surrounding lush green forest adding to Besalu's medieval presence. Our tour guide, Miquel, showed us some amazing sights around the town, and also introduced to a traditional drink named Ratafia (of course, we bought a bottle!). Inside the town are many surreal artistic twists adding to this unique experience. Miquel told us lots of interesting facts about the area, many of which would spoil the trip if I was to tell you!

If you happen to be in the Girona area, or Barcelona for that matter, do visit this area. It will not disappoint and looks much prettier in person, believe it or not. Try not to spend all your time looking at Besalu through your lense and try to capture its aura in your mind...and make sure you taste the locally brewed Ratafia!

We booked with Miquel through Girona Trips (www.gironatrips.com); a friendly local guide who knows his history and is very enthusiastic and passionate about the area. Definitely to be recommended.

Visited July 2012
4 Thank alsherif
israel
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

walking through the old city of besalu arriving at the ancient synagogue and mikve. walking along the dog legged bridge. lovely couple of hours. tourist info was very helpful

Visited July 2012