I finished my month-long Spain trip in the best hotel of my adventure. The cozy room and big views made it a perfect end to my trip, and a quiet getaway from my previous four days in Barcelona. Begur is VERY small, so walking five minutes into the downtown area was not an issue for me. I arrived in bus. I also hiked down to one of the beach trails using Miguel's maps and directions. If I needed anything, he and the staff were amazingly helpful. They even gave me a scooter tutorial before I took off for Figueres one day.
The restaurants in town are fabulous, but make sure you enjoy one dinner at Mas Comangau. Breakfast is worth it, too. Tortilla de patatas, croissants, fresh fruit, and Spanish meats kept me full through lunch. The rooms have air conditioning and heating, but the weather was so pleasant that I did not need it, even in early August.
I am already trying to figure out when and how to return to this perfect place. It would be a great honeymoon destination or mother-daughter trip. Thanks again, Miguel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the village of Begur in the heart of Costa Brava is Galena Mas Comangau Hotel-Restaurant.. A converted catalan Farmhouse dating from the 18th Century.Our Hotel located in a peaceful area of Begur, five minutes walking from the city center, and very close to the best beaches and golf courses in Costa Brava ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Restaurant Galena Mas Comangau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galena Mas Comangau Begur
- Hotel Restaurant Galena Mas Comangau Begur, Spain - Costa Brava