Just got back from a 6-night stay here. Spectacular setting, gorgeous building, an easy (for me--but maybe not for everybody) walk down a fairly steep, beautiful nature path to a lovely beach with 4 seasonal restaurants, some better than others. The only drawback has to do with the meals. When they're buffet style (as in the breakfasts), they're wonderful. But at dinner you had to choose from a menu and the service was slow and the food not so great. Drink me u was also very limited. If you want better service at non-buffet meals, get there early (when it opens, around 8 pm). But I would skip the parador's meal plan (except for breakfast) and go explore the area. Overall, aside from the dinners, I highly recommend this as a relaxing, easy place to spend a few days if you're looking for a side trip when you're in Barcelona.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Parador overlooking the sea surrounded by pine trees, on the "Punta d'es Munts" allows traveller to enjoy the sea and nature by peaceful walks in cliff-hangings gardens and wonderful views over hidden coves. The living rooms are a haven of peace, and the bedrooms present us with marvellous panoramic views over the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Parador de Aiguablava reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador De Aiguablava Begur, Spain - Costa Brava
- Parador De Aiguablava Hotel Begur