Keep returning to this place despite some issues it certainly has. However, the location is unbeatable, on a rock in the sea. Access and parking is troublefree, internet works throughout the hotel without the need to logon in any funny way - perfect!
The staff is usually very friendly, you may find some exceptions, but that is maybe because of language difficulties.
The rooms are a bit dated but clean and kept in good condition. One of the "issues" is noise insulation, to hear the sea is fine, but to hear literally everything from the next room can be painful if you have noisy neighbours. The beds are comfortable, although I would prefer duvets instead of this sheet that covers a woolen blanke....but it is tradition in Spain, I know. The rooms are heated in the winter and the temperature throughout the hotel is comfortable.
All rooms have a small, but nice balcony, you can either have the side with sunrise or sunset view, could not figure out which one I prefer, bot sides of the building are somehow nice.
There is a private path to the beach, on this beach the hotel also operates an additional restaurant which has a very nice location. Unfortunately it is closed most of the time, only opens in high season. The best place for eating lunch is the nearby beach village Tamariu.
To have an afternoon drink on the terrace of the Parador de Aiguablava is a nice experience, high above the sea with a really nice view.
All over all I recommend the hotel to improve the noise insulation between rooms and to renovate the bathrooms in the not so far future. I am happy to return to this place again and again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Parador overlooking the sea surrounded by pine trees, on the "Punta d'es Munts" allows traveller to enjoy the sea and nature by peaceful walks in cliff-hangings gardens and wonderful views over hidden coves. The living rooms are a haven of peace, and the bedrooms present us with marvellous panoramic views over the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Parador de Aiguablava reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador De Aiguablava Begur, Spain - Costa Brava
- Parador De Aiguablava Hotel Begur