This parador, while impersonal as many paradores are, is rather unique in its setting. Located atop a large hill, it overlooks the Sea and surrounding cliffs in virtually all directions. Very quiet in the off season, it is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the scenery for a few days. It hasn't changed all that much in the 30 years since my first visit, and could do with a bit of refurbishing, but, again, the location makes up for the deficiencies. The rooms are good sized and comfortable and, while we didn't eat at the parador, it appeared to be typical parador fare -- higher priced and less charmingly served than local establishments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Parador overlooking the sea surrounded by pine trees, on the "Punta d'es Munts" allows traveller to enjoy the sea and nature by peaceful walks in cliff-hangings gardens and wonderful views over hidden coves. The living rooms are a haven of peace, and the bedrooms present us with marvellous panoramic views over the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Parador de Aiguablava reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador De Aiguablava Begur, Spain - Costa Brava
- Parador De Aiguablava Hotel Begur