“Our stay at Casa Francesca”
other traveler has booked this property

Review of Casa Francesca

Sun all day on the South- facing pool and deck.
Gentle steps in to the pool The evening view ...
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Sun all day on the South- facing pool and deck.
Gentle steps in to the pool
The evening view ...
The perfect spot for 7 o'clock sun
Total privacy by the pool
Spacious living room with loads of games, books and CDs - opens on to terrace.
Well equipped kitchen with easy access to BBQ
Double room with en suite
Twin room can be used as a second double.
Twin bedroom 2, next to the pool. Perfect for teenagers or grandparents. Private shower and toilet.
The view from the terrace
Bunk bed room
Chill out and watch the action in the pool!
Lunch in the shade of the terrace
Welcome to Casa Francesca
The house is homely and stylish and packed with good books.
The pool at night.
Begur.
9am on Aiguablava - 7 mins drive from Cash Francesca. Best place to start the day!
Wood burner for winter months
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Disappointing stay”
Reviewed July 25, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

The great reviews certainly swayed us to pick this Villa but we cannot share the same experience. When we arrived it was filthy! Blood on bedding, everything in the kitchen had to be washed, cob webs everywhere, filthy patios, threadbare towels and sheets, not enough pillows for us all, hostel mattresses - basically thin and horrible, cracked and chipped crockery - health hazard! a big hook sticking out the sofa that nearly hurt our child...it went on and on. Small details like the sofa is so dirty, it needs a good clean! There is a bedroom and bathroom below the villa that is not fit for human habitation - do not let the pictures of this Villa fool you. The lower bedroom and bathroom stinks of sewage and cannot believe they would ever comply with uk ventilation laws! I would not allow any of our family to sleep in a smelly damp space like that.
The electricity kept tripping all the time for no apparent reason. CD player not working. The kitchen is not that well equipped for example the coffee pots are for 2 people as opposed for a few.
Look at our pictures .. If I can upload them and make your own judgement.
It is in a great spot, near lots of good places and really lovely outside space but the other reviews seem to miss some of the home truths about this villa. There is no table and chairs near the BBQ so if you are cooking the rest of the guests are up and away on the far patio. The sad thing is they are things that could actually be easily sorted and this villa could be great with happy customers - start by cleaning!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the location and the outside space
Liked least: Dirty, and horrible bedding, linen. The villa is very tired.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Jul 30, 2016
All three of these negative reviews were written by the same rental party. It was clear from the start that they had expected a different kind of place. Immediately I was informed the house was "unclean" I contacted the agent who assured me it was not but I made sure all the issues raised were checked and rectified. The complaints continued and I'm afraid communications weren't great.
It's not worth getting in to a blow by blow analysis but suffice to day I refute most of the issues raised here - although I have also taken everything up with the agent who have always been excellent.
Obviously I'm very sorry for any genuine issues raised here. The electrics were serviced recently and have now been checked again. Sometimes, rarely, that can happen.
I think the best thing I can do is point to the fact that in 5 years of writing we have NEVER had a bad review and have had many good ones as you can see. Our home is just that - our home - it's full of lovely things and we do our best to make everyone's stay pleasant.
So I guess 1 bad review in 5 years isn't too bad. But I'm sorry you had a bad stay.
Lindstrav...
“What a shame, quite disappointed”
Reviewed July 24, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

I stayed here with my husband, sister, brother in law and nephew (aged 4). We were so excited given the fab reviews. However, we were so disappointed with the standard of accommodation. It had great out door space (although the pool is super deep - I could not stand up and my husband who is 6 foot could only stand in one tiny area, difficult when you are teaching a 4 year old to swim). We arrived and our bedrooms were not made up as agreed with the owner. My husband and I slept in 2 single beds pushed together, a little like a hostel. The bed cover smelt very well used and when opening the wardrobes they smelt foisty. There was a duvet in the cupboard with specs of blood on it. The pillows were old and awful. The worst bit was the kitchen. I had to put all of the cutlery and as much crockery that would fit in the dishwasher immediately. Then found out, no dish washer tablets, fairy, no cleaning material at all! You always expect to buy it yourself, but when you arrive, at least something? So we had to wait until the next day as it was to late to go to supermarket. We spent 5 hours cleaning the place which was not a great start to our holiday. Lots of chipped crockery which is very unhygienic.

It is a lovely place and you can tell that the owners love this place and are very authentic. Unfortunately, it is not managed well as a letting place and was a little too rustic for me. Such a shame as we were so looking forward to this. Begur and the surrounds are fantastic and we will definitely go back. Supermarket 2 secs away is fantastic.
I hope the owners or management agency want to spend a little time on investing in this place if they want it to be a successful holiday home. It has so much potential.

Bathroom cleanliness
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
theflame
newcastle upon tyne
“Tired decor and doggy electrics”
Reviewed July 23, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

Our first impression from outside was good but when we went inside the foisty smell hits you. On further inspection the bathroom and kitchen were dirty.
We had to go straight out to the supermarket to get basics for cleaning, bleach, fairy, dishwasher tablets, cloths A scrubbing brushes . We have been renting villas in different parts of Europe for years and we have never had a place so devoid of essentials
We then set about cleaning the whole house including crockery/cutlery.
The electricity went off daily because we tried to use the cooker. The beds were not set up as agreed so we spent our first few hours get the house ready and that was after a day of travel.
The pool is very deep with no shallow end so not good for young children or short adults
The location is decent and the beaches/ restaurants in the area are very good.

David K
London, United Kingdom
“Our stay at Casa Francesca”
Reviewed October 26, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

We had a great week at Casa Francesca. It's a lovely house in a great location, plenty of room for a family of 5 including 3 teenagers. It's in a quiet residential area, the views from the house are lovely, the pool is perfect for cooling off and for the kids to muck around in . We could cook inside and out - the grill is for serious BBQers. It's great. The house has loads of living and sleeping space - really nice open plan living room, with modern furnishings, leading out to the balcony and its wonderful view. Boardgames, books, DVDs - and broadband (admittedly a mixed blessing!) are supplied. And of course, its in a beautiful area - just a short drive to Begur and plenty of local beaches. Loved it.

Date of stay: August 2015
Traveling group: Teenagers
Donald H
“Perfect Spot”
Reviewed October 22, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

This was a welcome break at at Casa Francesca in the quiet month of September. The villa is in a great spot - very close to town and beaches are only minutes away by car. Weather was perfect in the mid to late 20s so we could relax by or in the infinity pool and expand our horizons.
We rented bicycles in Palafugell and explored the locale on two wheels. We also made us of the local tennis courts - at the bottom of the hill on the main road to Begur, cycling there and back on our bikes. Just turn up and start playing and eventually an old fella comes to collect a few euros.
Off season the beaches were less busy but the restaurants and shops are open and lively - and with the warm weather it was easy to chill for hours with occasional dips to cool down.
Evenings spent on the balcony eating and drinking while watching the sun go down were memorable. Simple pleasures.

Date of stay: September 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Evenings spent on the balcony eating and drinking while watching the sun go down
Liked least: Having to leave
Traveling group: Friends
Large groups
whitstabu...
Whitstable, Kent
“Fantastic”
Reviewed November 5, 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

This is an idea villa for families. It's big enough for everyone to have their own space when you're relaxing there and the living area/ lounge is well appointed with enough toys, games and TV to keep the kids occupied. The pool is a delight. We enjoyed a really great holiday here and will treasure the memories for years to come. Wonderful. Begur itself is a very classy town with plenty of delightful places to eat and drink. Thoroughly recommend both the villa and the town.

Date of stay: September 2014
Traveling group: Young Children
Large groups
Sam C
“Fantastic getaway”
Reviewed November 5, 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

I was lucky enough to stay at Casa Francesca in September with my husband and son. The weather was fantastic which meant we enjoyed all the facilities and took full advantage of the pool and BBQ.

I can't recommend this villa enough. Begur is an idyllic medieval town and Casa Francesca is a short drive from the town centre in a lovely quiet, secluded location. There are other homes surrounding the villa but due to it's positioning it's really very private.

It's a traditional, rustic, homely villa with lots of space. The outdoor BBQ is fantastic, as is the pool and the large table on the balcony to enjoy dinner as you watch the sunset.

There's a great supermarket close-by with fantastic meat, fish and wine available so we often enjoyed lunch and dinner at the villa.

The beaches nearby are also really nice - especially Aiguablava beach which is a sandy cove.

As well as being nice and quiet, Casa Francesca is also dark (lots of shutters to keep the morning sunshine out) so we often slept in till 9 or 10am despite having a 3 year old with us! And there's plenty to keep all ages occupied - from table football to DVDs.

We'd go back in a heart beat - can't recommend highly enough!

Date of stay: September 2014
Liked best: Pool and BBQ
Liked least: Mosquitoes!!
Traveling group: Young Children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing