“A very expensive restaurant”
Review of Fonda Caner

Fonda Caner
Ranked #20 of 86 Restaurants in Begur
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2010

We had a nice meal but were a little disappointed and it was very expensive.My wife ordered the scampi and when it arrived she had 4 grilled langoustines at a charge of 25 euros.We sat on the roof terrace to which they charged us an extra 2 euros each. Not a lot of money but we thought it an extra ripoff.

Reviewed July 23, 2010

Excellent local food on a lovely roof terrace. But don't bother with the expensive deserts which will rack up your bill - have an ice cream from the shop down the street instead.

Reviewed September 6, 2009

We were absolutely stunned that this was listed as a good restaurant in Begur. While the dining room is nice and the service is not bad, the food was (at best) mediocre and very expensive. In our party of five, not one of us wanted to finish our dishes.

My wife's fish was buried in some inedible sauce. My daughter's cannelloni was soaked in a béchamel sauce that made it (as the French say) écœurant. First time I've seen her not finish a pasta dish.

Dreadful food. Skip it and go to Rostei in Begur (much better food) or Sa Rascassa in Aiguafreda which has a lovely terrace and better food.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 27, 2009

Excellent meals at a reasonable price (35-40 EUR pp). Great service.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 13, 2009

We ate here in July 2009. The service was attentive and professional, the decor crisp white tableclothes. Every course was delicious catalan cooking, with some robust flavours, but what I remember most was that a beef dish I had (on the menu as veal) was the most meltingly soft I have ever eaten. I felt sorry for the foursome on the next table, one of whom happened to be a non-fish eating vegetarian, although the waitress was patience itself suggesting possible menu options to her! The night we went, all the chefs were female as well!