“Wonderful food & service”

Restaurant Aiguaclara
Ranked #5 of 90 Restaurants in Begur
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Enjoy dinner in our cozy and romantic Restaurant with good music, warm lighting, looks, smiles and with all the flavor of Mediterranean cuisine ... Sleep in a Colonial Mansion 1866. 10 rooms full of detail in a magical atmosphere.
Reviewed November 8, 2017

Great food, great service, friendly staff and they had a Vinyl 70' & 80's live DJ night on the Friday!

Reviewed October 30, 2017

I had big hopes for my "nicest dinner out" on my trip but was kind of let down by the experience more than the food. I made my reservation for 1 in the late afternoon and returned when they opened for dinner service. At that time I was the only one there to eat, with just one other couple seating in the lounge area have a drink. I was taken to my tiny, tiny table for one right in the hall next to the toilet area. Clearly, being a solo diner, I wasn't going to linger for hours taking up space. I was unclear why I couldn't have been seated in a better area of the restaurant, but didn't want to "be difficult". Anyway, the service was quick and friendly. I ordered a salad and risotto which was very good. It was a shame that the awkward situation took away from the whole experience.

1  Thank motherHEncinitas
Reviewed October 15, 2017

Out of all the many good meals, this was the best. The restaurant is in a grand old mansion now converted to a chic boutique hotel. The atmosphere was intimate,cozy and inviting. Stick to the local dishes and excellent local wines and you can't go wrong. The service was wonderful.

On Tuesdays and Fridays they have what they call Vinyl Night where a man plays his collection of old albums. The music is fun but not intrusive.

The restaurant manages to maintain a nice balance between tourists and locals.

Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

Great food, great service, great atmosphere. Book in advance it's always busy. Friday is vinyl night with a mixed range of music and usually dancing.

Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

This place has a special little place in my heart and you can tell it was really was 'fet amb love'. My other half and I returned for dinner after stopping in the hotel a few years ago. It's as beautiful as ever, wonderfully warm atmosphere and seriously good food. Fillet steak and dauphinoise was delicious A real gem. Book ahead (and remember it's not open every night so a bit of strategic planning needed to get in).