“Extremely pleased”

Ranked #1 of 3 Concord B&B and Inns
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Extremely pleased”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I couldn't have been happier with my spacious, comfortable, quiet room at the North Bridge Inn. It truly exceeded expectations, and there is no doubt that I will return here at the first opportunity. In the past two years, I have tried several other accommodations in the Concord area: a B&B in West Concord (good, but closed in 2011); a large chain motel reputed to be "the best" but far off the mark; and the landmark inn, which was disappointing in so many ways, from shabby furnishings to dusty air vents. From the moment I stepped in to my room, I was so pleased with it. The high standards for cleanliness go beyond the linens and are evident in things like the fresh window draperies, spotless bathroom, and faultless kitchen.

I liked the options for breakfast, from my ability to make my own tea with an electric kettle to the cold offerings. If you are in a hurry, you can have a great breakfast of cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, homemade tea breads, etc. If you have more time and can enjoy a hot breakfast, it is made to order for you. The "assistant innkeeper" knows just where to sit when the bacon is served!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
St. Albans
Reviewed April 10, 2012

The experience of staying at the North Bridge Inn was memorial. Every detail was exact. The accommodations were as shown on the website. The Breakfasts were superb.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank T M
Palos Verdes Estates, California
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Just enjoyed my second stay at the North Bridge Inn and once again was sad to leave! The location is perfect, right in the center of town, walk to the historic sites and all of the shops. The Inn is lovely, warm and welcoming. The rooms are beautifully decorated (clean clean clean..I am super picky!), cozy beds and bedding and the bathrooms spacious. I love the kitchen facilities! The breakfasts were delicious and quite filling! I will be back again and again when visiting friends in Concord...such a special place...Heidi and her corgi "Posey" could not be sweeter..

Room Tip: They are all beautiful!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Rockland, me
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We spent the night at the North Bridge Inn and were very pleased with our spacious, clean room as well as the delicious breakfast offered the next morning. To our surprise, we were offered fresh cooked eggs to order, fresh fruit, yoguart, muffins, and some very good coffee! Best of all, they were pet friendly which made a very big difference to our travel plans. To top it all off, we were right in the center of Concord! I highly recommend the North Bridge Inn. Sally W.

Room Tip: Win/Win in terms of the rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed January 9, 2012

The whole stay was just excellent , beats the Colonial Inn by far .

Room Tip: Room number 6 is a dream .
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Clean is the key word. It's music to my ears when a hotel is clean. The North Bridge was a lovely experience, my husband and I stayed in the Thoreau Suite. It was spacious and the inn keeper Heidi was so accommodating. We even had a plate of cookies at our door when we returned from our day out.
Looking forward to returning.

• Stayed October 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 14, 2011

This is the place to stay if you are looking for a welcoming B & B in Concord. We stayed in the largest of the rooms and were thrilled by the space. The bathroom is large and beautifully finished and the kitchen even has a dishwasher! The decor is what you want from a B & B without being overly stuffy or filled with antiques you are afraid to touch. Each room has been individually done with it's own color scheme and fabrics. The furniture is comfy and the beds are beautifully made. Heidi (the owner) made us feel welcomed and cared for while also respecting our privacy and space. We had a teething toddler who had several difficult moments but we never heard any negative comments or felt any judgment. Heidi found us a high chair, accepted a package for us, and was totally accommodating when my father visited us over the Thanksgiving Holiday (we stayed for two weeks due to a job relocation). We weren't staying in Concord for the sight-seeing, but the location situates you at an easy stroll to Main Street and its good selection of local boutiques. Everything else you'd come to Concord to see is within walking distance or a very short drive. I would definitely choose to stay at North Bridge again and it will be my recommendation for visiting family and friends.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Concord's Colonial Inn
#2 of 4 in Lexington
Aloft Lexington
Aloft Lexington
#3 of 4 in Lexington

Been to North Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!