All reviews papa razzi historic concord cookies restaurant next door second floor breakfast room outdoor pool free breakfast bagels nice stay potatoes no elevator great breakfast convenient location clean rooms parking lot a great place to stay
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We checked in for one night to visit Concord and Lexington. Seeing there was more to see than we thought, booked another night. After talking with the excellent front desk staff, we decided to stay 2 more nights and take the subway into Boston. The outside is a little dated but the rooms were very clean and updated. The breakfast is very good and easily a $10 per person value.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
BetseeS, General Manager at Best Western at Historic Concord, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Mona R

Thank you for your very complimentary review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed yourselves so much that you extended your stay with us. And as you noted while the property is almost 50 years old, we are continually renovating and updating our rooms. Thanks for the compliments on our breakfast buffet, most of our guests say its among the most extensive they've had. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Hotel staff very accommodating. They were knowledgeable and responsive to my needs. The hotel had a clean appearance. Breakfast had many options. Price was affordable. Would definitely go back when on business in the Concord area.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed here for one night and was not impressed. For being a Plus I thought it was old and like the other reviewer said a bit smelly. In addition, I was sitting in my room and could smell cigarette smoke coming from either the balcony or another room. The beds were not that great either. I am giving it an average because it’s not like I was expecting a 5 star hotel either – but they could clean it up a bit.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I had booked this hotel for a visit to historic Concord. The first negative was the older women at the front desk. She pulled my arm across the desk and showed my bracelet to her 2 helpers, lifting and moving it about explaining that she can make one like this. This was a very uncomfortable first impression.

After this unwelcomed move, we were given a key to a dark dingy smelly room. Yes smelly. We then turned around with our luggage and checked out.

Their was no reason for the room to smell bad and when I went to the desk to complain they did not seem interested or concerned. We drove back out toward the highway (5-10 minutes away) where we found lots of wonderful clean fresh smelling hotels.

I don't like writing a bad review but I also don't like bad smelling hotel rooms! I guess they are more interested in creating jewelry than creating a good hotel visit!

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank wintermoth
BetseeS, General Manager at Best Western at Historic Concord, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Wintermoth

I was shocked and dismayed to read your comments, and truly sorry you had this experience at our hotel, where we take great pride in providing exceptional customer service to all our guests.
Please be assured I will be researching this immediately, as it seems so very out of character for our staff.
My deepest apologies.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was surprised to find that the hotel was cleaner, more efficient, and more amenable than I had expected. The pictures online don't really do it justice. While the decor and some of the amenities (balcony, for example) are not as updated as other places, the service and cleanliness more than makes up for it. Also, the breakfast offered is actually GOOD! Not just continental items like cereal and toast, but also eggs, sausage, gravy, oatmeal, and very tasty pastries! I was again surprised to find FRESH fruit available as well.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BetseeS, General Manager at Best Western at Historic Concord, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Jessica T

Thank you so much for your review, we just love hearing that we exceeded your expectations! And as we pride ourselves on our service and cleanliness, those comments are greatly appreciated. Hope to see you again.