“Authentic”

and up
American History Tour: Cambridge, Lexington and Concord Day Trip from Boston
Ranked #10 of 33 things to do in Concord
Reviewed October 10, 2012

It was a pleasant surprise to learn that the home is still owned by Emerson's family and that the furnishings are original to the house (except for the replicas in the study, which are in a reconstructed exhibit in the Concord Museum, just across the street).

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The house has original belongings of the family. That makes it more interesting. I would recommend touring the home. The staff is well informed about the history of Emerson and the surrounding area. We were heading to the Old Manse after touring Emerson's home and they offered to call and check the touring times for us to make sure we didn't waste time going there and having to wait. They were very helpful.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

The house is very well cared for. Our guide was very informative and polite. Since my husband and I visit historic houses frequently we were very impressed with this home. How exciting it must have been here in this small town to have so many great thinkers.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Beautiful home with original furnishings and art work. I was especially impressed by the grounds where the grapevines that Theoru planted still grow. However, I was not very impressed by the guides who seemed to struggle with answering some simple questions that I posed. The guides and staff at the Alcott house just down the street were much more knowledgeable & helpful.

1  Thank arizona_8
Reviewed August 5, 2012

A must for literary fans and historic home buffs. Our guides were great, especially the young college student (sorry, I forgot your name!). It's amazing to learn about how all of these intelligent families lived, talked, and thought together during the 19th Century. Our culture has benefited greatly from the Concord community.

2  Thank Ixplore2