“Colonial charm and ambiance”
Review of The Colonial Inn

The Colonial Inn
Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Colonial Inn provides lodging as well as dining in a historic old building in the heart of downtown Concord, MA. There are two distinctly different restaurants and we much prefer the Liberty for its unique Colonial charm and ambiance. There are a couple of taverns associated with the Liberty. One in particular gives you the feeling you have stepped back in time 200 years. The other restaurant, located at the rear of the property, is much more formal and contemporary. There is also some outdoor seating for dining on the front porch at the Colonial Inn. Menu items are a bit on the expensive side but perhaps the charm of Colonial dining will outweigh that.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We dropped in without a reservation on a Sunday mid-day in early autumn. There was a long wait for a table indoors, so we opted to sit on the porch in the brisk but not cold weather. Watching the people was part of the fun.

Our server was busy but efficient, and knew his menu. My friend enjoyed a glorious 8-ounce burger and I had a sandwich called "The Alcott", both delicious with sweet-potato fries. And we topped it off with a spiked coffee for dessert--perfect against the fall weather.

It was a good deal of food, in a comfortable, family atmosphere. Recommend a walk south to the Emerson and Alcott houses and the Concord Museum after.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We visited this place for lunch during the summer. The building is really historic and wandering through the hallways reminded me of visiting an old well maintained museum. Eventually, we reached the restaurant area. I found the service to be pretty good and the food was worth the price. Something interesting was that there appeared to be a bullet hole in the painting behind our table.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I went to Colonial Inn for dinner my first night in Concord after my innkeeper recommended it. I sat outside on the patio and enjoyed the languid summer as I watched the bustle of cars and tourists. Colonial Inn is well situated at a sort of end of Lexington Road where several streets intersect and connect through a series of roundabouts. It was decorated in traditional red, white and blue bunting that highlighted the building's historical roots. I was promptly seated then served by a charming waitress who gave me recommendations upon asking. I chose the burger with oxtail marmalade. It was very rich and tasty. The dining experience was fine until dusk set and the mosquitoes came out in full force! Hastily everyone started moving indoors, and quickly paid my bill. Undeterred, I returned for a late lunch on one of my last days in Concord and enjoyed clam chowder as well as a fresh tomato and mozzarella salad. Yum! I never sat inside but some of the people staying at the inn said that they had a pub quiz. The inn brews its own root beer which was also delicious.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Our relatives living in the area suggested we eat at The Colonial Inn. They said the food was good and the location great. They weren't wrong! We loved dining in the historical, old inn that was right in the center of Concord. I had the salad with strawberries and nuts....the dressing was outstanding; and then followed it up with my very first lobster sliders. What a treat! They were loaded with very fresh lobster meat (and I mean loaded). Someone in our party had the hamburger which looked terrific - there wasn't anything left of it. Our server was wonderful...attentive and has a good tableside manner.