“Food is good, but management attitude is atrocious”
Review of Vincenzo's Pasta

Vincenzo's Pasta
Ranked #25 of 49 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My 22 year old daughter made a reservation for Mother's Day for the 2 of us. We got there at 7, the reservation time, & were told it would be a few minutes wait. The place was only 2/3 full, & seemed to have adequate servers. We waited...and waited, eyeing the empty tables. The hostess and one of the waitresses reconfigured a couple of tables, moving them, chairs, etc. At around 7:20, my daughter asked the hostess how long before we might be seated. The hostess glared at us, ushered a long sigh, and huffily said "DON'T do this to me." We were stunned! What had we done, but wait patiently for our table after showing up on time? She took us to a table and slammed down the menus and walked off. When the waitress came over, we told her and asked to speak to the manager. The waitress said she had some bad news - the hostess WAS the manager, and we should go to their website & lodge a complaint. I don't think so! The food was good, but after that experience, we will not go back. It's a shame because it ruined the treat my daughter had eagerly planned for me, and a fun night out. We live in West Concord, & have been there many many times over the years. It's a shame this had to happen, & my poor daughter felt awful, but next year we'll know better.

1  Thank WallabyGal

Reviewed August 6, 2011

I've been to Vincenzo's several times over the last few years. Each time, I've been disappointed and vowed to not go back. However, after hearing that they recently renovated and upgraded the menu, I gave them a chance again. I so want to love this place - but they make it impossible. The hostess is as rude as they come - she seems annoyed that you have come in to the restaurant looking for a table. The night I went, the waitress got my order wrong, they were out of cannoli filling, and their espresso machine wasn't working. My salad was flavorless and wilted, others' meals were equally blah. Such a disappointment !

1  Thank acorn1ma
Reviewed July 28, 2011

So - we returned to Vincenzo's in West Concord village because they just untook a remodelling job, and a) we wanted to see how it looked and b) we wanted to know if they had amped up the menu and service at all. Last night we had a late dinner at the bar. The decor is refreshed, but frankly, it reminded me a bit of a "Not your Average Joe's" - it has lost some of it's unique quality.
We felt the service was considerably improved - our bartender was our server, and was obviously trying to be friendly and accomodating. It was late, and we were not super hungry - the kitchen willingly made what sounded like an appealing appetizer (clams with spicy sausage) into an entre with angel hair pasta. Reports was that it was good - and VERY spicy. I had a Pizette topped with shrimp, artichokes and arugula - flavors I love. The end result was a tad soggy, but frankly, for a $10 meal in nice atmosphere, I wouldn't complain. Of all odd thing to complain about -- we both found the menu virtually unreadable in the low light! Very small type, and some white type on red backgrounds left us kind of guessing what to order for dinner. For the record, we both see just fine :)
For the price point - I would say I would try it again. But maybe I'll borrow my granny's magnifying glass so I can really read and report back on the depth of the menu!

Reviewed June 22, 2011

Live in the neighborhood and want so badly to like this restaurant. The hostess seems irritated to seat you, especially if kids are in tow. Food is average, but not worth the price.

1  Thank Trdeang
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Avoid it. I get angry when somebody takes $1.07 worth of ingredients and tries to charge me $22.00. I might be more forgiving if the resulting meal tasted great. The result here is a failure. Save money and buy a can of Chef Boyardee; a comparable meal for about $21.00 less.

1  Thank Kirkfg