“Very Disappointed”
Review of Trails End Cafe

Trails End Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Trails End Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 52 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Trail's End Cafe is proud to serve carefully crafted comfort food, homemade from thoughtfully sourced ingredients. We are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We also offer catering. Come eat in our beautiful dining room, or take your meal to go! We have a full bar with 8 beers on tap, a great wine list, and delicious cocktails.
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I live in Concord and a few friends told me to check out the Trails End. I went alone for a quick breakfast on a Saturday morning. At 8:30, I was the only one there. The friendly girl at the counter took my very simple order: Scrambled eggs, fruit, white toast, bacon, and iced coffee. I got my coffee (horribly bitter) promptly. Then I waited. I have no idea what they were doing in the kitchen but they weren't doing my meal. Eventually 20+ minutes later out came my meal. Sort of. Scrambled eggs and fruit were there. The toast was 3 tiny quarter pieces of cold, hard nothingness and of course no bacon. I left without eating and probably won't ever go back

1  Thank Paul D

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I was sorry to see so few vegetarian options, esp in a town like Concord. Both soups had either ham or beef and the one sandwich option was the usual uninspired "caprese". Also, they advertise their lemonaide as being fresh and homemade but I watched the counter person pour it straight from the Nantucket Nectar's bottle. Go to Haute Coffee for a better selection and real homemade items.

Nice sunny atmosphere, though...

1  Thank Traveltoo5
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I love lunch at Trails End. I tend to order the tarragon chicken salad, but I enjoy much off the menu. I have been indulging in elderberry lattes too. Enjoy your experience at this clean, well-pointed restaurant with wholesome, great food.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a great little spot a short walk away from Concord Center. We recently took some visiting family here and everyone loved it. The restaurant is attached to a gas station, although it's a world away in a bright airy space. You stand in line and order at the counter, and the food is then brought to your table. On a weekend at lunch time it might be hard to find a table, however there seems to be steady turnover and we didn't have to wait long to find a table for six of us. The food was fresh and quite good, although there's no real service to speak of... beyond having the food dropped off at the table, if you want anything else you have to get back in line at the counter. Overall, we had an enjoyable experience and I'll most likely return at another time when it's not quite so busy.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

While doing a road trip through New England, we discovered this cute little cafe for breakfast this morning. It serves great, fresh, healthy foods (apparently, much of it from local Concord area sources). The cafe has big windows that provide a cheerfully sunny atmosphere, with everything seeming freshly tidy and inviting. During nice weather, there are also some outdoor tables available. The staff is friendly and efficient, and the overall ambiance is relaxing and quiet with pleasantly low background music. You first order at a counter, choose a table, and then are served the food when it's ready. Our shared omelette was generously excellent, and the coffee richly flavored to our liking (most cafes serve coffee that's too blandly weak for our tastes). And judging by other reviews, their lunches are equally good. However, we noted one very odd thing never encountered before at an eatery-----when paying by credit card, no receipt is provided to sign. Hence, you have no idea what you've been charged, nor can you leave them a tip via your credit card if you lack the appropriate money to do so at the table. That's not a very professional way to do things, so the owners might want to rethink that one. A worker could accidentally hit a wrong key, for instance mistakenly charging $100 rather than $10, and you wouldn't know it happened. Otherwise, though, we really enjoyed this nice place and will return the next time we visit the region.

1  Thank Alan S