“If you need professional help with cheese!”

The Concord Cheese Shop
Ranked #3 of 48 Restaurants in Concord
New England
“If you need professional help with cheese!”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I was going to host my first wine and cheese party, and being very insecure about it all, I went in to The Concord Cheese Shop for a consultation. I don't generally shop there because they are very pricey! However, they gave me great advice, suggested some cheese which pleased my guests, and paired them with wine, too. They nearly overwhelm you with samples. Lots of nice things to put out with the cheeses, too, including a wide array of chutneys, crackers, candies, etc. The shop is dark and a bit cramped, and can get crazy-busy on a Saturday. Fun though!

• Visited April 2012

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Fabulous sandwiches”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

The sandwiches to order are fabulous! You can hold out your hands to show the maker exactly the size you'd like cut from a baguette, and the sandwich is then weighed by the pound. Ingredients are all outstanding. I also purchased some chunks of cheese and was treated to a sample of cheese that was new to me: Curcola, a fresh Asiago from the Trentino that was out of this world (though quite pricey). I'd love to see the parade they have when the 400-pound wheel of that cheese arrives in town.

Visited April 2012
Arusha, Tanzania
“The Best Cheese Shop in the Suburbs”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

The Concord Cheese Shop has been in business for a long time and continues to be the the best place to shop for really good cheese when you are not in France. The selection is wonderful, they have many other condiments that you will not find elsewhere. If you know how to cook, you probably already know about the Concord Cheese Shop.

Visited September 2011
boston
“$25 a pound cheese... if they deign to serve you.”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

As a strong believer in buying local, I started patronizing this shop when we moved to Concord. When they feel like it, their service can be good and you can sample many of the cheeses. Other times it would be charitable to say they are indifferent. On my last visit, and it may literally be my last, I got to wait over ten minutes for service while five employees milled about.

When I came in, there were two clerks behind the cheese counter. One was busy with a paying customer. The other spent five minutes with a customer who bought nothing, and then walked away to make a telephone call rather than wait on me. Another clerk spent her time filling a cooler with sodas. A third clerk came from the back, walked several times behind the cheese counter, ignoring me each time. The clerk serving the customer several times asked for someone to come help me and he was ignored. Only when several other customers were waiting as well did a fourth clerk think it was worth coming to serve us. It was ten minutes before someone finally deigned to serve me, as the soda girl finally put sodas down..

The moral of the story is that if they don't care about my business, then neither do I. I will be buying my cheese elsewhere.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank thereyougo
Carlisle, Massachusetts
“No seating, but a great split deli counter and extensive cheese counter”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

You can sample exotic cheeses and patés, and write a record of you favorites, which they keep on file. Great fresh cornichons and a variety of local bakery breads. The deli counter makes sandwiches to order. An extensive wine section, with a large section of teas, pastas, mustards, and cookies/chocolates.

• Visited March 2012