“Incredible! ”
Review of 80 Thoreau

80 Thoreau
Reserve with OpenTable
80 Thoreau is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Thoreau and Sudbury
Transit: Take the Commuter Rail to Concord on the Fitchburg Line. 80 Thoreau is located on the 2nd Floor of the Concord Depot.
Description: 80 Thoreau is a progressive fine dining restaurant set in the beautiful New England town of Concord, sourcing from local farms and offering genuine hospitality.
“Incredible! ”
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

I made a reservation for our dinner because of Trip Advisor and the incredible reviews I read. We made the appointment 15 minutes after we read the information-6:45pm 5-27-14. This was one day after our second year anniversary. As we drove we got lost and then finally decided to call and let them know we didn't know where we were. The gentleman was very helpful to explain where we were and even said he would come down to meet us:) . As we walk toward the door, there he stood standing very straight confident and welcoming. As we went through the doors came up the stairs and the greeted by two beautiful ladies, who were very helpful in giving us our table immediately and we were greeted by multiple people who work there all exactly in the same manner. The experience was one I have never had even as a hostess at a five-star restaurant I had worked in myself at one time. I watched very closely how everybody worked together and how professional and courteous everybody was towards each other and did their job with proficiency and professionalism. As time went on, we got our food and our waiter was in amazing, very nice, professional, and to the point and even engaged in friendly chitchat to learn about us and our intentions with being on our vacation. He at that time learned about our anniversary. later on we were asked how our dinner was. At one point being new to the restaurant i didn't know where the restroom was I led to the restroom ,I was treated almost as if we were the most important people in the whole entire restaurant. right directly to the restroom. At the moment I wished that I had taken my anniversary to them yesterday. husband soon after that I had to use the restroom and they did exactly the same for him. while I'm waiting, two of the gentleman who work on the side came and took our plates, one per plate. And the way they cleaned off our table with with class was amazing. Because my husband and I were called with the weather being down for this time of year, we didn't dress up we were jeans and T-shirts I dressed as much as I could with what I had and he did too. And yet we were not ever treated, even a tiny bit, at any moment that we were there any less than anyone else in that restaurant who would dressed to the nines to go there. The food was so good and the drinks were made so good that we wanted to have dessert after dinner. we had our dessert and it had a candle stuck to the plate:) then coming in and saying happy anniversary to us and right behind him sharper dressed gentleman comes up and Hands us two glasses of champagne just enough for desert and also wished us Happy anniversary:) we hadn't had that for our dinner last night :) so was an extra special gift to us.! I feel that there are many people in this world who EXPECT that type of service and don't appreciate it. But I and my husband both felt like that service should be all the time, but it only works when you have a good team. You could tell they work that way. Even if I was given that service every single day of my life, I would still appreciate it as if it was the first time, just like tonight. everyone who visits Concord should eat at this restaurant;) i guarantee it will be a terrific experience for you. Just remember, they are people too. Nobody's perfect. but after tonight's experience, my husband and I will remember it as our favorite! I doubt that I will ever be able to experience that type of service again Unless we come back to Concord.:) KA and PA

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“What are people raving about?”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Greasy "charcuterie" which would never pass in a true charcuterie, dry swordfish on top of quinoa, fried filet of sole so tightly wound that the waitress felt obliged to explain that they were not scallops, on some kind of wheat. I know grain is fashionable, but with every dish? Deserts far too sweet. Good but very pricey wine list. Nice service, and you can watch the trains go by.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank essbeepee
Boston, MA
“Loved it”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We'd been hearing about 80 Thoreau for a while and finally got here in March. Had a late winter type menu, everything delicious. Their gnocchi was some of the best I've ever had. Fish and steak perfectly cooked. The dining room is small, the bar scene is nice. I'd drive here for a special meal which makes it nice that it's only 15 minutes away.

Staff was excellent.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Bostontravels
“The proprietor always greets me...”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

This is an outstanding establishment, and I can't say enough about how lucky we are to have such a great restaurant in Concord. One of the owners always makes certain to say hello and make sure everything is just right. The menu and selectoins are superbly prepared and masterfully presented. The only thing that could possibly make 80 Thoreau better would be if they made it a policy for all their employees to drive only American cars.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank WeaselRedLeader
“Best meal of our vacation”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We had the chef's special, all courses centered around corn and heirloom tomatoes. Wonderful. Our only problem is 80 Thoreau is 3000 miles from home so we won't be returning anytime soon.

Visited August 2013