“Good Stop for Lunch”

Helen's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 49 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This is a popular local spot perfect for tourists, too (Concord is a big tourist town). Looks and feels like a hip diner, but the food, esp breakfast, is anything but.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were visiting Minute Man National Historical Park and one of the Rangers recommended we go to Helen's for lunch. There was a lineup to get inside but it moved quickly. The place is bright and bustling. The menu has a surprisingly wide range of selections. The waitress who served us was kind of crabby but it may have been because it was so busy. We put it down to her being a "character". When she threw my straw at me...I wasn't annoyed..I laughed.

The food was good. The creamsicle frappe took my boyfriend back to his youth. I think it made his day. I looked around the restaurant at what others were eating and it all looked great. The prices were very reasonable. I would recommend you stop here if you are in the area. Don't let the lineup discourage you. We were in quite along lineup and we only waited 10 minutes.

3  Thank CS192

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I love Helen's. This is a cash only, make their own pies, everything fresh simple sandwich, basic entree and lively little local spot for breakfast, lunch and dinner. No credit cards. No alcohol. The frozen soft yoghurt and ice cream remind you of the old Brighams which was in the sam spot.
There are booths and some bar stools but the decor is light, modern, whimsical and great.

2  Thank ronnieK K
Reviewed November 8, 2012

While visiting Concord, we happened to pass by Helen's and decided to stop in for lunch and what a great lunch we had!!! In fact it was so good that we were sure to return for lunch the next day as well. Our sandwiches were so large we had to take half with us when we left. The deserts looked unbeliveable.A very busy place with the locals and we can see why. The service was excellent and our lunch couldn't have been better. We can't wait to eat at Helen's next time we are lucky enough to visit Concord.

1  Thank djeros
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stopped at Helen's for lunch and were very satisfied with the pulled pork sandwich and Reubens we ordered. The breakfast, which we were too late to order, looked great. The interior is bright and cheerful with a huge window overlooking the street. The servers are upbeat and friendly. Prices were medium and good value.

2  Thank NJB1165
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is a super homely place, great for brunch, lunch or sandwiches. Good value, and friendly (if slightly slow) service.

2  Thank Rower