“Horrible, just plain bad”
Review of Cal Cofa

Cal Cofa
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Llivia
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible, just plain bad”
Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

I couldnt believe the bad service because I am American. The owner had an attitude and on top of all that the food came burned and the meat tasted old. The place only looks nice. I would look elsewhere in Llivia for good Catalan cuisine.

1 Thank Worldtravelgirly

westford
“Small town in Spain circled by France. Best food in the area!”
Reviewed July 6, 2010

We arrived at Cal Cofa too early for lunch so we toured the town, went north for an hour and kept thinking about that restaurant so we turned around and arrived just in time for a late lunch. We were well rewarded. It was one of the best meals I had in Spain in 5 weeks. The owners were wonderful, spent time explaining the dishes. I even took photos of the food. Highlight was a sizzeling tray of about 40 very small escargo...they were wonderful. All in all the wine, the food and the service were tops. Oh yes, the drive....the views are great and the little town of Llivia is a great find.

2 Thank westford
Andorra la Vella, Andorra
“Worth your time to find this delight!”
Reviewed October 24, 2009

The cuisine is fresh, incredibly original, yet still authentically Catalan. We were traveling with 2 small children and the service catered remarkably well to our needs. I felt bad because our waiter really wanted me to eat my salad while it was warm, but I had to feed one of the kids. It is a refreshing experience to observe a waiter have such desire for his customers to appreciate his food to its fullest. I have lived in Barcelona for nearly 4 years and my husband is Catalan which means he is an automatic food critic. We both truly feel that this restaurant deserves the highest rating possible. Some suggestions would be the carpaccio mushroom salad, warm goat cheese salad, escudella (soup), and mushroom estofado (stew). The desserts were also tremendous.
Llivia is a really cute city incredibly rich in Catalan history. It also is home of the oldest pharmacy in Europe. There is an easy walking tour of the city in English, and the area landscape is beautiful.

1 Thank marimcd