“Great Value”

125 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Great Value”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

The cost of purchasing your tour ticket is $3, the tour lasts an hour and is guided by a Ranger. So so interesting learning the history of the ancient Pueblo people and their cliff dwellings. Be prepared to climb some ladders. Excellent tour

Galveston, Texas
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Great Adventure”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Were thrilled at how adventurous and involved this tour was. Small cost for a fun tour. If you have a choice between Balcony House and Cliff Palace I'd try this one, it's much different. You actually get to walk around inside this one as opposed to taking pictures from in front.
The guide was really good and it was just a great time. Don't miss out.

Ware, Hertfordshire
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Worth the ladder”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Very interesting thanks to Ranger Marianna. Very informative talk about the history and lifestyle of the inhabitants. Don't be scared by the long ladder and tunnel squeeze exit.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“An Exciting Tour”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

While Cliff Palace is larger, Balcony House is thrilling because participants get to climb 30 feet ladders and crawl through narrow tunnels. We lucked out and got a fantastic ranger to guide us but even with a lousy ranger this place is just unbelievable.

Visited August 2013
Springfield, Missouri
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“I fit through the Tunnel!!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was my concern one month prior to our trip, and seconds before going thru the "test tunnel" and finally thru the real deal. I'm 6'3 255lbs. I could not find information about guys my size going thru this tour so I'm taking the liberty to write one! The test tunnel is located right behind the ticket counter. I just got down on hands and knees and gave it a go. I could feel the sides of the tunnel on my shoulders and hips but zipped right on thru. It was a relief. I did not want to be the hold up from being able to go with my wife and kids. The tour with P.T. was great. I enjoyed the history, scenery and the climb up & out (slow and steady). In my mind I knew the tunnel was always waiting for me though. When we approached, it actually looked smaller than the tester. Hands and knees was not going to cut it. So I pretty much kicked myself into a 4X4 mode. I went sideways thru the entrance and exit holes (in the middle you can right yourself). There is no graceful exit for anyone over 6ft I would imagine, but you are so happy you are out it really doesn't matter. The tester tunnel you get the benefit of a nice polished surface and your clothes slide. The rock surface is not as forgiving and it will tug at you, so you just gotta do it. It certainly can be done. Hope this helps the larger travelers out there.

Visited July 2013