We had such a good time that we can't wait to go back. The lodge is very comfortable and romantic) with a great view of the park. The people that work their make you feel at home and are happy to help visitors. The staff at the front desk of Far View Lodge, the housekeepers, the restaurant employees, the rangers, the bartender, the bus drivers and just about everyone else were so friendly. You can tell they enjoy their jobs!
We also enjoyed the tours and ruins. Next time we will hike some of the trails. We have been to Yellowstone after the fires and Mesa Verde also had massive fires that make you appreciate nature. We noticed a lot of wildlife too. Don't forget a pair of binoculars.
We missed a television at night but really didn't need one with all there is to do at the park. Its a good idea to get up at a decent hour to eat and catch tours before it gets too hot or they get crowded. We drove to many different self-guided sites in the afternoons.
For dinner we ate at the Metate Restaurant. They have a good chef who prepares local foods and they are worth the price.
We definately plan to visit again to take in what we missed. Mesa Verde is an awsome National Park!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only lodging within the park; it is open April through October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your Far View Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Far View Hotel Mesa Verde National Park
- Mesa Verde Far View Lodge