Originally booked a much cheaper rate lodging place in Cortez. Then, realizing that being IN the park was a better idea, so I booked the Far View Lodge, saving a lot of driving if I were to sight-see the next day. The room? Mediocare at best, not even comparable to a Days Inn or Motel 6 room, for $128 the night. The shower area is pretty needy of fixing up. I believe the operator is counting on the fact that it's "CENTRAL" to all sightseeing at the park, the ONLY arguable advantage. We ate dinner at the bldg. in the registration area, which was very good. The next morning was the kicker. We had breakfast at the Farview Terrace cafeteria, where everything was a la carte. I thought becaue it's NPS supervised, the prices sholdn't be too bad. Most of the items were too pricey, like $3.25 for a bowl of oat meal (again, emphasizing it's a NPS supervised opreator), etc. I didn't curse, until I looked at the cash register receipt for the $12+ I had to pay. I had a pair of pancakes, 1 ea. of blue corn and pumpkin. I thought that was amazingly clever. Then, there's coffee, for $2 I think. The kicker? $1.50 for my "1" piece of toasted bread, whole wheat I think.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only lodging within the park; it is open April through October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Far View Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Far View Hotel Mesa Verde National Park
- Mesa Verde Far View Lodge