On our road trip of national parks, my fiance and I planned to stay at Farview Lodge during our visit to Mesa Verde..After 8 hours of driving we were so excited to check into the lodge, expecting it to be one of the nicest places on our trip. Needless to say, we were extremely disappointed. We had to kick the bottom of our door in order for it to open, the shower door would not close, and the room wasn't even comparable to a Motel 6! It was not at all what was represented on the website and this is a serious public relations problem. We actually compared the picture on the website with our specific room because it was not at all alike. We decided to complain and to either ask for our money back or a free upgrade to a Kiva room. However, when we complained the only thing the manager had to say was "you can leave then". She didn't ask what was wrong, or offer to make our stay more enjoyable. She even laughed when we told her about our room. There was an older couple in the lobby having the same issue. Luckily we got our money back and stayed the next two nights at the campground in the park, where we set up our tent in a downpour and thunder-storm. In the long run we were much more satisfied when we were soaking wet after setting up camp than we were with our hotel room.If you must stay at the lodge, pay the extra money for the Kiva room. As a side note: we stayed in a wonderful private cabin at the Old Faithful Lodge in Yellowstone for $40 cheaper per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only lodging within the park; it is open April through October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Far View Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Far View Hotel Mesa Verde National Park
- Mesa Verde Far View Lodge