This lodge has the perfect location if you plan on visiting Mesa Verde, but that's where the positives end. The rooms have been remodeled, but poorly. Its like slapping lipstick on a pig. The bathroom is cramped and you will not have room to move around. The bathroom took me back to my college dorm shower, but sadly my dorm had more room. The bed was comfortable enough, but the walls are paper thin. We heard the family next to us all night. I feel sorry for the front desk staff. Our phone never worked so we couldn't call to alert them to our neighbor's noise. When we checked out, the front desk was apologizing to a guest and on the phone with another guest apologizing. It appears that problems are the norm here. We asked for the manager to call us because we had been double charged for our room. It wasn't worth the $150, definitely not worth $300! The manager was helpful and nice and helped resolve our problems.
Save yourself the headache and stay in Cortez while visiting Mesa Verde. The lodge is dated, small, and full of headaches. Not worth the convince at all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only lodging within the park; it is open April through October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Far View Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Far View Hotel Mesa Verde National Park
- Mesa Verde Far View Lodge