I titled my review the way I did because the room walls are thin. Also, there is no air conditioning so you will likely have the windows open. You will hear almost everything. If you have good, great or just decent neighbors, it will be a good stay. If your neighbors are inconsiderate, it will affect your thoughts about the whole thing.
Aout the lodge itself. Yes, it is in need of updating. However, I haven't stayed at a National Park facility that WASN'T in need of updating. It offered great views, a superb location, all the basics you would need. It even offered wi-fi. We did not miss the TV nor did we miss the A/C. We truly didn't need it. Each room has a private balcony, which we used all evening. I am an avid birder and I birdwatched from the balcony and picked up several new species.
Would choose this again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only lodging within the park; it is open April through October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Far View Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Far View Hotel Mesa Verde National Park
- Mesa Verde Far View Lodge