After a very long drive 15 miles / 30-35 minutes to Far View Lodge from the main gate of
Mesa Verde National Park we finally arrived. I was glad we made it to Far View Lodge before sunset for two reasons…the road leading to the lodge is narrow, windy and some areas have no guard rails and the sunset from the lodge is beautiful!
The Far View Lodge has 150 rooms on two floors with breathtaking views of four states. The front desk reception was pleasant and helpful. The lobby and restaurant was decorated in Western motif. There is solitude all around.
The carpeted room is approximately 350 square feet and includes
• a key verses a card key
• a king size bed with king sized pillows
• single sheets
• floor lamp on one side of the bed and a table
• lamp and regular clock radio (does not charge iElectronics) on the other side of the bed
• table and two chairs
• mini refrigerator / freezer
• dresser with six drawers
• separate area with a five foot rod for hanging clothes with attached hangers and extra pillow and blanket
• Formica topped sink with some extra countertop space opposite the clothes rod area
• coffee maker and supplies
• oscillating fan and since it was a nice cool night, having the windows open with the fan going was enough (good thing because there is no air conditioning).
• another separate extremely small room - about 30” x 30” of floor space + toilet and small shower. The toilet / shower room is so small that one person can barely maneuver in it.
To get to the shower you have to squeeze past the bathroom door. There is some mold in the shower.
• vent in shower room
• private balcony that runs the length of the room and has two plastic chairs
• hair dryer
• iron / ironing board
• pet friendly rooms
• smoke free rooms
• free parking (not necessarily at your door)
• free WiFi
The Far View Lodge does NOT have
• bottles of soap and shampoo but they do have dispensers with hand soap, lotion, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner in them (unknown brand and had a certain yuk factor).
• night table on both sides of the bed
• clock radio that recharges iElectronics
• air conditioning in standard rooms (available only in the Kiva rooms)
• triple sheets
• cell phone service
• pool / hot tub
There is a restaurant at Far View Lodge; however, we did not eat in it. The gift shop is stocked with all the usual necessities and souvenirs.
It would have been nice to stay another night in Mesa Verde (total of 3 nights). We had planned on touring the Anasazi Heritage Center; however, we didn’t have enough time. There is enough to do to stay a total of three nights in Mesa Verde.
We would stay at the Far View Lodge again only if we were taking an early tour; otherwise, we’d opt for the Best Western - Turquoise Inn & Suites. If you have an early tour and are an early riser you can also spare yourself from staying at the Fair View Lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only lodging within the park; it is open April through October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Far View Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Far View Hotel Mesa Verde National Park
- Mesa Verde Far View Lodge