Far View Lodge is a 15 mile drive into Mesa Verde Park and that is the first sign of civilization you see. It is the perfect place to stay as it puts you closer to all the hikes and sites than if one stays in town. Our room was very small and had paper thin walls so I see why TVs are not in the rooms. In fact the man in the next room was snoring so loudly that he kept us awake all night! The next night all we heard were the calls of the mule deer and that was wonderful. The positives far outweigh the negatives and it is totally because it puts you right there in the park. Two places for dinner are located in the main building but for breakfasat and lunch, you must drive a mile or two up the road to another location in the park. The views from your balcony are amazing and often wildlife is directly below you. We would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only lodging within the park; it is open April through October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Far View Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Far View Hotel Mesa Verde National Park
- Mesa Verde Far View Lodge