“Best meal in a fortnight of gastronomical pleasures”
Review of Cabo Vidio

Cabo Vidio
Ranked #2 of 49 Restaurants in Cudillero
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We ate at this restaurant twice and would have returned again if we had not been returning home.
The food was simple but of such high, fresh quality. My favourite was the anchovies and tomatoes but the hake was the lightest most succulent fish I have ever tasted. My husband raved about the octopus too.
The service was personal with chef taking time to explain and advise. Trust him to make an excellent wine choice too!
I just wish we had this place in our home town as it would be somewhere you could return to again and again. I wish the team the very best as they deserve to be very successful. Gracias.

1  Thank 8anniewb

Reviewed June 29, 2013

If you are a foodie and an adherent to the paleo approach, this is the place for you. Due to my health needs (diabetes), my wife and I have adopted the paleo approach for eating a diet that is best for coping with this disease. We rented a casa rurale and our landlord recommended this restaurant. What a serendipitious moment! Jairo Lopez's personally eats following this approach. He told us that we were his first guests that eat this way.
I explained my health situation to Jairo and he immediately understood and tweaked each meal to suit my needs. And! His food is just simply paleo heaven. We ate there four times and each meal was fanatastic. My wife and I loved the restaurant. We especially liked that we were able to eat earlier than the normal eating times. Jairo also took the time to explain the preparation of each dish, something that I greatly appreciate so I can try it at home. Thanks Jairo!

2  Thank compa
Reviewed April 28, 2013

A brilliant all round dining experience. We happened upon this place on a quiet evening and had the whole place to ourselves. We were delighted to have the uncommon combination of great food, peaceful surroundings and personable, attentive service. The chef made the experience very special. We hope to return soon. Would highly recommend it.

1  Thank ITM33
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This restaurant is right on the road, but set in such a way that you would never know you were on the main drag. The restaurant looks out into a lovely garden and is small and attractive. But the main reason to go is the food. We had a great meal, personally attended to by the chef, Jairo Lopez, with each dish very memorable and well-prepared. We started with an escabeche of fish, then moved onto a wonderful octupus and potatoes dish, followed up with by the main course - a whole fish perfectly pan-seared and finished in the oven. This was one of our best meals in Spain, and we also ate at Arzak (not to say Cabo was the equivalent of Arzak - it is not). We couldn't believe our good fortune in stopping in this place during our trip through northern Spain.

3  Thank Eugene L
Jairo117, Manager at Cabo Vidio, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

thanks so much for your compliments. It was my pleasure to cook for you and very glad you like the way I understand cooking. It was also very nice to talk with you two.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

The chef here has the magic touch. This creative food, cooked to perfection, is better than Michelin-starred places where we have eaten in Spain - and much cheaper. We discovered it by chance and loved it so much we ate there night after night, trying most of the menu. Then we saw another couple who had, for years, spent a fortnight at the attached hotel annually, eating two meals a day in the restaurant and we realised we weren't the only ones to get completely hooked.
So many things we tried- the tuna escabeche, the sea bass, the tender steak, the melting baby lamb, the salads, the soups, and oh oh the cheesecake- were the best of their type we'd ever tasted. This place is to ordinary restaurants what Messi is to you or me playing football.
Laura and raza

4  Thank Laura D

Well, what can I say about your words? Your compliments make really happy and are food to my soul!! I'm really glad you like the way I understand cooking and what a restaurant is about: simplicity and product and above all sense and sensibility.
Thanks and hope will see you again!!
Jairo