This was by far the lodging highlight of our trip to Spain. The dwelling is a spectacular 115-year-old family-owned mansion that carries itself with an easy grace and seemingly effortless charm. The structure is hemmed in by a gigantic, beautifully manicured garden and is planted on top of a hill overlooking the Med.
The staff and proprietors are warm and kind, bending over backwards to accomodate guests' needs. Their sunny disposition is reflected in throughout the entire house, which is airy and illuminated by natural light.
Foodwise, the breakfast was the best we had in Spain. Very simple, but excellent quality breads and fruits.
Leaving the Casa was painful, like leaving home for the first time. While not cheap, I would still say it was a bargain at 130 euros for the quality of stay and service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Italian style palace of the nineteenth century, Artistic historical monument, with gardens of S. XVIII and XIX century. Pool, free parking, free wifi, magnificent restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, HRS, Agoda, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa de los Bates reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Los Bates Hotel Motril
- Casa De Los Bates Motril, Spain - Province Of Granada