Came here to rest after a round trip in Andalusia last september. Unfortunately the Spanish people were still celebrating their holidays. And they wanted everybody to notice... It was still THEIR hotel. They behaved very loud, rude and greedy. Raiding the buffet, demanding every waiter's attention, yelling to each other from one side of the hotel to the other and so on.
This was nothing like we've seen on our round trip! The people we met were very friendly and willing to help us whenever we needed something.
Fortunately, our last 2 days were tranquil, since the Spanish' holiday had passed..
Apart from that, the hotel wasn't that satisfying at all. Food was repetitive (and we had to fight the Spanish for it).
The swimming pool was dirty. I wore a white bikini when I got in, but had a green one on when I got out.. The water was just stuffed with algae!
Staff wasn't friendly and only a small fraction of them spoke English or took an effort to it.
But the most frustrating thing to us had to be the distance we had to walk to get to our room! We were located on the 5th floor, on the other side of the hotel. It took us 15 minutes and 2 elevators to get to the café, pool, restaurant or reception.
All inclusive alcoholic drinks eased our pain. Too bad we couldn't enjoy it together with the promised animation. This turned out to be an improvised Spanish farce.
Altogether, we don't recommend this hotel. It is too Spanish-focussed and you don't get the service you deserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Granada's Costa Tropical is characterised by having a warm climate all year round, abundant natural resources, kind, friendly locals and excellent connections with the rest of Andalusia and the Peninsula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Playacalida Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lti Playacalida Hotel Almunecar
- Playacalida Hotel Almunecar