“Great friendly restaurant”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Poole, United Kingdom
“Great friendly restaurant”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Lovely food, it all seems to be good whatever you choose. Great place for a drink and tapas. The tapas are fabulous

Visited February 2014

Mississauga, Canada
“great for fish and seafood”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Had a lovely dinner with my daughter and we ordered the seafood and fish platter for 2 and there was so much food, it could have fed 4! All was fresh and tasty although they were just steamed or grilled and there could have been a bit more flavour by adding a bit of garlic or wine to the steamed mussels, clams and shrimp. And the little appetizer that is given was tasty but was also fish, which we had on our platter so they could have given something different knowing that we had ordered the platter. A little pricey but as I mentioned there was a lot of food.

• Visited October 2013
Midlothian, UK
“Very good Sunday lunch”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a Spanish lunch which included a free starter of tender broad beans, ham and a fried egg followed by boquerones and flan. Wine list good and reasonably priced. The fried anchovies were very tasty. The restaurant was quiet when we sat down but soon filled up with local couples and families. It is obviously and justifiably popular. Service was quick and friendly. Toilets were clean and fresh. Recommended!

Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing authentic Spanish food”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I always think that the mark of a good restaurant is how many locals eat at it. One of the reasons I decided to try El Cortijillo is because it was often full of Spanish families eating Spanish food together. I ate here twice, the first time I had a mix Spanish starters / tapas which my wife and I shared with my little boy who is 18 months. Unfortunately we couldn't get our little girl to try anything but she is 3 and is a bit funny about what she eats. Nothing disappointed and it was great to try new things, the service was exceptional and the fish was as fresh as you get. The second time we went we opted for the mixed Paella and told my little girl it was chicken and rice and this did the trick and she loved it. I have eaten Paella's all over Spain and I cook them at home but this is probably the best one I have ever had, rich in flavor and consistency, again great fresh ingredients, quite simply lip smackingly good. The wine menu is excellent and the service can not be faulted. This is a not to miss restaurant.

Visited October 2013
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Great place”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Second time in as many years we've found ourselves here. Found it by accident in 2012 and came straight back in 2013. Great tapas and good service surrounded by a relaxed and laid back atmosphere in the middle of the square. I recommend this place highly.

• Visited September 2013