Hotel Suite Albayzin del Mar
Sol Los Fenicios by Melia(La Herradura)
$113
Melia.com
$83
Elvoline
$87
$77
  • Pool
La Caleta Bay(La Herradura)
Hotel Casablanca(Almunecar)
  • Beachfront
Hotel Almijara(La Herradura)
  • Restaurant
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Pena Parda Bay(La Herradura)
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Hostal Andalucia(Almunecar)
Priceline
  • Beachfront
All reviewsdel marwashing machinepool areastreet sidedaughters weddingeating outenglish speakingnice breakfastfamily holidayshort walkbuffet stylepoolsideloungershobpeopleskettlemains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stayed for 5 nights and had a great time in Albayzin.
The suite was fantastic, great and very clean.
The swimmingpool was very nice and very cold in a beautiful area
Staff was very friendly

Room Tip: Suites on the poolside are quiet and sunny
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Stayed for five nights in a three bedroom apartment. The architecture of the hotel is very special, and makes for a Andalucian/Arabic atmosphere. When new this hotel must have been very fancy, but the years have taken it's toll and it seems a bit worn down by now.

Location is ok, but you have to walk for about 15 mins to get to the beach.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Norrad
Reviewed February 5, 2012

fun avante-garde reception, suite/self catering/hotel styled rooms, wonderfully elaborate swimming waterfall area, both family and business friendly

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lamanodelamor
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I stayed here about 8 years ago ish, and although that's a long time ago I thought I'd add my comments anyway! It was a lovely hotel with a fantastic pool area and really clean and a lovely place to stay. BUT the maid, while cleaning our room, stole a lot of valuables from us, and did the same to a german family. We got the police involved and as usual the Spanish police were useless! They told us we hadn't been broken into, which was true because the maid had the keys to the room and took everything (CDs, playstation and games etc) reception and management were as much use as a chocolate teapot and did not help at all. It almost seemed like they were all in on it. This happened on our last day which basically ruined the holiday as this was the last thing we really experienced. Really unimpressed but the hotel itself was beautiful and if we hadn't been robbed I'm sure I'd stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Emilyelectric12
Reviewed July 13, 2010

We travelled to this hotel for my brothers wedding at the end of April. The hotel is covered in mirrors, both inside and out. The reception area is quite nice, very modern but also quite small and dark - the reception desk and receptionists are hidden behind plants! Check in was fine, no problems. We had to share an apartment with my brother and nieces, so we had a 3 bed. Apartment is fine, again modern decor etc. HOWEVER, be warned - the oven does not open - they are glued shut - which we discovered our first night there, after we had bought food (which we need to cook in an oven!) for family that were arriving late. Reception told me that all ovens are sealed, and checking with the rest of the wedding party - they all had the same problem. It seems to me that they use sealed ovens as a way of forcing you to eat in their restaurant. What is the point in "self catering" then??? Also, other members of my family had issues with fridges not working. A major problem for us, is that after cleaning up for lunch one day, we obviously missed a crumb, and an hour later, the entire kitchen was covered in ants. I travel to Spain about 3 times a year and I have never ever had this problem before. The place was infested. The food in the hotel is not great, but would do for a bite if you were stuck. The drinks are pricey considering its not exactly Marbella.. The service is slow - but only because for the most part, they have one staff member serving in the restaurant, at the pool and at the cafe and the poor girl does her best. The wedding went ok - but the food was not hot enough, and there were no second helpings... The pool area is beautiful and what probably saves this hotel - but the water in the pool is so cold, nobody could get in!! The parking is 10 euro a day (rip off), on street parking is free, but you could be searching for a while for a spot!! There were loads of people walking around the hotel and in the lifts with dogs of various shapes & sizes... I dont think I'd ever go back..

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank DubDimples
H_Albayzin_del_Mar, Recepción at Hotel Suite Albayzin del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear DubDimples,

Thanks a lot for your comments, it is very important for us to know the perception of our guests. We are sorry you could not use the oven, nevertheless you can always use the rest of the kitchen equipment (microwave oven, hob with frying pans, casseroles,…)

Indeed we are a friendly Hotel and we accept dogs at certain areas, but we make sure they don’t make noise and don’t disturb other guests

We hope it did not marre your stay with us.

Kind regards