“Snap!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Spain
“Snap!”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Well, it's really just like Venezia next door! Same location same food same good service.

We alternate between the two. The jury is out on which one does the best pizza as they are both pretty good. They also do a good menu del dia.

Lovely balcony when there's a light breeze blowing. Just a nice inside in the winter.

It's great that two so similar restaurants can exist side by side - probably because they are both pretty good.

• Visited February 2012

Singapore
“The food is quite OK.”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Had dinner here with friends. Some pizza and pasta.
The owner and chef is Spanish, and that is what you taste in the food, it is simply not Italian.
The food was Ok, but missed the final touch.
Service was excellent, seating also. On the terrace.

• Visited August 2012
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I reviewed this restaurant not so long ago, but a return trip to La Herradura prompted me to go back again. The service here is ok, the excellent team they had there earlier in the season seems to have left, possibly because the season is coming to an end, but at least I wasn't told all the best tables overlooking the beach were reserved as before.
Now this place advertises itself as a Pizzeria, even the name suggests that it is and, indeed I have had excellent Pizzas there, but that was not my reason for going back, I remembered the excellent steak I had last time and I wondered if I could get another. Coupled with it being a Sunday night and choices being limited it was a 'no brainer' to go there.
I had one of the best T-Bone steaks I can remember and probably one of the most reasonable in the past few years. Don't be put of by the Pizzaria title, this has to be one of the best steak restaurants in the area, try it.
The view is excellent and it's easy to park outside except during the day. parking charges cease at 9pm which is, if anything, early to eat in Spain, so no worries there either.

• Visited September 2011
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I have been to Realengo before. I come to La Herradura regularly, frankly I had not been impressed. A distinctly unfriendly atmosphere and an interesting view that they were always 'full' when they were obviously 'empty' put me off. However.......

Lying by the side of the gorgeous pool at my friend's villa the usual subject of dinner came up. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, no breeze and it was over 30 degrees (hard old life eh!). I'll do a bbq said one of my friends, hmmmm I said, knowing that she had a week of doing that coming up when her three children, partners and grandchildren descended a few days later. I fancy a beer on the beach and a pizza, said I, smiles all round and it became a plan.

There is nothing like a long cool beer sitting on a beach just in front of the sea, but knowing this restaurants past form I suggested my friends wander over, try to get a table while I persuaded someone to let me pay for the drinks (not as easy as it sounds in Spain). So, having parted with all of 8 euros, I too crossed the road, wondering if this was all a big mistake. I climbed the stairs to be met by a huge smile and a waiter smartly dressed all in black who spoke reasonable English and pointed me in the direction of my somewhat surprised friends. From then on it just got better and an excellent pizza washed down with a very passable bottle of house red made for a most enjoyable evening.

One of my friends said 'people tell me the steaks here are excellent' so 2 days later we partook of a Gin (Bombay Saphire) and Tonic on the balcony of my apartment here and set off for the beach and Realengo once again. Same warm welcome, same attentive service and three steaks ordered. Very good they were too and I'd recommend them to anyone.

It's cheap, its friendly, it's right on the beach and has wonderful views, but most of all it has excellent food. try it, I can't wait to come back.

• Visited July 2011
Fareham, United Kingdom
“You will go a long way to find a better pizza”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

This restaurant is on the seafront at La Herrdura. it is a wonderful spot to sit in to view the bay of La Herradura It is a family run restaurant. The service is second to none and the food very very good.it is well worth a special trip if you are staying anywhere nearby.

• Visited July 2011