“Mulhacén sunrise/sunset hike with Victoria”

Spanish Highs Mountain Guides
Book In Advance
More Info
$120.83*
and up
Sierra Nevada Full-Day Hiking Tour from Granada
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Lanjaron
More attraction details
Owner description: Join in on one of our regular weekly day walks in a choice of superb hiking locations in Andalucia. Every week day throughout the year we have something hikes to suit. Those who take regular hill walks should manage these treks. Good health and reasonable fitness are important. Hikes near Granada, Seville and in the Alpujarras. Specific day hikes (Oct to June inclusive) are 1.Walking White Villages, Alpujarras 2.Mountains of the Cumbres Verdes, Granada 3.Hiking the GR48 path, Sierra de Aracena, near Seville 4.Pine Forests and Refuges of the upper Alpujarras 5.Sierra de Huetor 6.Round of the Taha de Pitres, Alpujarras Summer (July and August) mountain climbs 1. Mulhacen and Siete Lagunas (Tues & Thurs) 2. Veleta and Cerro de los Machos (Mon & Wed)
Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had an amazing time with Victoria! She made sure we had everything we needed, discussed what we wanted to do, and took us to some incredible spots. She was very knowledgeable and taught us a lot about the area. We had a great time talking and having dinner at the summit, and hiking down the next day. We are already planning on going back for more. I highly recommend this hike, and be sure to ask for Victoria as your guide because she is awesome!!!

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank brian_steph22
elperronegro2, Manager at Spanish Highs Mountain Guides, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2018

So glad you enjoyed your trip and that you had a great time with Victoria, I shall pass your kind comments onto her. All the best and hopefully see you again soon! Emma :-)

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"jens"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

Mulhacen is not the most difficult trek nor is the terrain particularly difficult to navigate (on a gloriously sunny day that is). However, the service Spanish Highs, and particularly our guide Felipe, gave was excellent and good value for money. By going with Spanish Highs, it meant we didn't have to do anything back in the UK. Also, we totally underestimated the temperature and the wind, so the kit list alone was worth the money. Finally, having a guide prevented any matrimonial arguments, as my wife was totally confident in what the guide said but probably would have turned around and gone back to the start if I'd suggested persevering when the wind picked up. Finally, I'm sure that we would not have taken the same spectacular route down if we had planned it ourselves. A guided ascent is firmly recommended and Spanish Highs were great providers of that.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

The climb up Mulhacen was stunning, with guide Jose such a wonderful natural historian. He found all sorts or rare, endangered or endemic species to show us, including the rarely sighted tiny orange poppy (all three of them!). We also saw Sierra Nevada violets, gentians, tiny cushion species, and the whole mountainside was ablaze with golden prostrate broom.

I only contacted Richard from Spanish Highs late the previous afternoon, and they were working away late into the evening via emails to make sure I got on a trip the next morning. Andy from London and I thought it was the perfect trip - challenging but a rewarding long day ( we did the circular route), perfectly paced, great company, stunning mountain views with the last of the receeding snows, and a knowledgeable and humorous guide. The perfect day! Thanks so much form the efforts of Spanish Highs.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

Right from the first email response to my enquiry about arranging a trek through to the hike itself Spanish Highs was exemplary!

They kindly arranged me a transfer from Granada Airport - and the cheery welcome, despite them having to wait several hours due to my delayed flight certainly got my trip of to a great start. I discovered my ‘driver’ was in fact the fascinating Owner of the company Richard and his partner Kiersten. The obvious care, professionalism and extensive knowledge they were able to impart about both the area and it’s majestic mountain ranges as well the more technical information about their work engendered reassurance and made me very excited about my hike to the summit of Mulhacern the next day

The hotel they arranged was in a beautiful town; staff were friendly, the room spotlessly clean, the views delightful, and the food delicious! ( and the wine!) Id recommend anyone doing long day trekking book in the half board option- it’s great value and waiters are helpful. They even added a huge side plate of chips to my main as I mentioned I’d hiked mulhacern and was starving!

And as for the trek- just WOW!
My guide Jens immediately instilled confidence in me, allowing me to relax and Just go with loosing myself in the walking and scenery... We enjoyed fascinating, and diverse chatter, I revelled in the magic of the mountains, at no point did I feel anything other than safe and taken care of, and I smiled and laughed all the way up and down!
Jens is absolutely brilliant! And so is the Sierra Nevada

We managed it in 7 hours too- which was much better than the 11 hours I’d feared!

Only problem now is I want to do it again! ( oh and now I’ve discovered both the Sierra Nevada and Spanish heights I want to come back and do some of the other trips they offer; the three peaks perhaps, or the sea to peak, oh and maybe the 27 over 3000 metre peaks too! )

I have trekked all over the world- mainly as a leader of groups myself, Spanish highs impressed me, and at every stage they went above and beyond to ensure I had a wonderful time.

The prices were eminently reasonable- and there was even flexibility to hire a guide solo, to join with or go in a group and to create an itinerary or schedule to suit.

Thank you so much!