“clean and tidy”
Review of Andalucia Hotel

Andalucia Hotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Lanjaron
Reviewed April 10, 2012

a simple clean hotel that delivers what you need in the loveliest of places. right in the centre of town it allows you access to everything in minutes. the staff are friendly and the rooms basic but clean. the car park is a little bit of a squeeze to access so it would probably be better to park in the town car park which is spacious and only a few minutes walk away [with access via many side streets]

Room Tip: overlooking the pool gives you great views of the Sierra Nevada
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank alison e

Reviewed September 15, 2011

3 days stay, marvellous view on the castle and the mountains. Personnel very kind at all moments, very appropiate in all circumstances. Bar(keeper) and swimming pool offer a very relax stay. Morning concert by the birds at the moment of the sunrise in the neighbouring tree was amazing.

Room Tip: room 157 offers a superb view - castle and mountains
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rik G
Reviewed September 13, 2011

This hotel is right in the middle of main street Langaron. This pretty mountain town is nice for wandering around, hiking, and is a 30 minute drive to Granada or the beach. The room was ok, perhaps could use some updating, especially in the bathroom. We found that the bathroom always smelled of sewer gas, but otherwise, everything worked fine. Air conditioning worked well, bed was very comfortable, and room has lots of space. Also had a chair to sit in. The pool area was really nice for families, with a pool bar, and even a lifeguard. People from other hotels in town can come there as well, but it wasn't overcrowded. Staff were friendly. We didn't try the restaurant, but the menu looked good, with authentic Spanish fare. The value of this hotel was excellent, and we enjoyed our stay there.

Room Tip: rooms on the east side have balconies out to the garden and pool area. rooms on the west don't h...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MichellefromCanada12
Reviewed June 9, 2010

I stayed at the Hotel Andalucia with my husband and his cousin for 2 nights as we were looking for a house nearby. I chose the hotel because it was extremely cheap (£90 for 3 of us for 2 nights) and it was in a good location. We had a room which slept 4 which was extremely spacious and had a balcony overlooking the main street of the town and also the swimming pool & mountains beyond. It was extremely comfortable, apart from the Spanish pillows which take some getting used to, and was clean.

When we checked in the man on reception was extremely friendly and tried his best to speak English to us. He was especially excited because my surname is Eastwood and he was obviously a huge Clint Eastwood fan! We found all of the reception staff to be helpful and friendly with us.

Breakfast was typical Spanish style, toasted sliced baguette with butter & marmalade, a piece of cake each and a typical Spanish donught type thing (can't remember what it's called). It was not what we were used to but we really enjoyed it.

The town of Lanjaron is really nice & the views over the mountains and the valley below are stunning. If you like Spanish meats then this is the town for you, every other shop seemed to be a ham shop!

There's an excellent pizzeria next door to the hotel.

Luckily we're not early to bed people because I think that the noise from the street could be quite disturbing but it didn't effect us at all.

I would highly recommend this hotel as a base or for a few days R & R although you definately need a car and you also need to be prepared to tackle a few interesting bends driving up the mountain to the town.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bobosmum
Reviewed March 30, 2010

I use to go to Granada for business several times per year and I always choose this hotel.

For the value it is quite good. It is only 30 min by car from Granada so I don't mind to spend some time in the car in order to staying in a nice hotel at the mountain with a nice environment. Sierra Nevada for skying, the impressive palace Alhambra in Granada, the mountain area and nice villages of Las Alpujarras, and the beach is only 30 min from this hotel. The village has also a big Spa though I never tried it. Plenty of activities to enjoy there in your free time.

They recently built a new swimming pool for summer open normally since January. I don't understand why in the South of Spain people open this service so late. In May is already really hot down there!. The quality of the food in the hotel restaurant I would say probably one of the best in the village. Also free WIFI internet is very useful.

The room are simple but clean and comfortable. Anyway I think they need to renew some of the furniture quite soon! ... but it's ok.
Many of the people who are working in the hotel are local people. Very helpful when I asked them for some information. I found them quite nice and funny. They enjoyed my accent! hehe...

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank alcuhur
Reviewed May 7, 2009

When staying at the Andalucia its well worth paying the extra cost for a better room the views are amazing the staff are extremley helpful we were given maps of the area and surrounding areas upon arrival and lots of info booklets . The rooms are very clean breakfast is ok dont expect too much you get what you pay for .The pool is being renovated and when completed it will be amazing there is limited parking but we managed to park ok. Would i go again well most definatley and i would highly reccomend this hotel to everyone it also has free computer access and wi fi the hotel is right in the centre of Lanjaron which makes it an ideal location

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2007

If you are travelling to the Las Alpujarras region near Granada then I really would have to recommend this hotel. Ok, it is not the fanciest or the highest star hotel in the village of Lanjaron, but it really depends upon whether you intend to spend most of your time holed up in your room rather than exploring the region. The rooms are simple and clean and tidy. Moreover the staff [the Manager Alberto] will go over and beyond the call of duty to make your stay pleasant.

During my first night here, I lost both my mobile phone and camera and the Manger spent a considerable part of his evening allowing me to phone my mobile company from the hotel phone alongside phoning my insurance company. He interrupted his own eveing meal to do so and in the end managed to retrieve my camera from a local resident who had found it.

The hotel itself is not deserving of its 2 star rating as realistically the lobby areas and hall ways are reasonably elaborate. It also has tv's in the rooms, both a swimming pool [not in use whilst I was there due to the weather], a restaurant and a pleasant lounge/sitting room area where you can watch the tv or simply relax. In my opinion having stayed at a multiplicity of hotels it possibly is a 3 star. Some of the rooms could do with a lick of paint but really it is a simply a cosmetic adjustment rather than a fundamental overhaul that the hotel would require.

Being central to the town of Lanjaron made this hotel easily accessible to the rest of the town as well as for exploring nearby areas.

I would personally recommend the hotel if you do not want to have to pays huge amounts to stay at a hotel which you will do nothing more than sleep in.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled solo