“Beautiful location, excellent facilities, great breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Alcadima Hotel

Alcadima Hotel
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Lanjaron
ireland
“Beautiful location, excellent facilities, great breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

A friend and I stayed here on the last night of a weekend trip mountaineering in the SIerra Nevadas. I loved the architecture, the atmosphere was very relaxed. The hotel was quiet, the room was clean, shower was hot and powerful, the food in the restaurant was excellent. Breakfast was great, hot food, cold meats, salmon, cheeses, cereals, pastries, tea/coffee/juice etc. We had dinner in the restaurant the night before which was also very nice as was the beer! Very reasonably priced, good location for for access into Sierra Nevada mountains. Would fully recommend it.

Only negative was that the hot water from the coffee machine was only warm, not hot!

Room Tip: Pool view maybe?
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

Pleasant place with light, spacious rooms; common areas are especially lovely. However, beware the garage: the route to reach it is circuitous and maneuverability inside it can be tricky. It appears that there are lots of better parking options that are free (ask at the tourist office). If you do park in their parking garage, park where it’s easiest because even though they may designate a particular spot for your car, nobody seems to take that seriously.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Tucson, AZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

The hotel is located in a nice hilltop town full of steep, narrow streets. The hotel grounds are lovely lots of flowers, quiet sitting areas and a great view. However the rooms were outdated and were decorated in a rustic style that seemed out of step with the exterior. (think wood paneling on the walls). The room reminded me of someone's old family cabin in northern Michigan. The room did not feel very clean and there was a nasty black residue in the bottom of the tea kettle that flaked off into the water. The bathroom had an unpleasant smell due to the local water. The staff were not overly helpful or friendly. Don't try to use the washer or dryer. After about 20 euros and an entire night we ended up with wet, smelly clothes that somehow shrunk (although they didn't dry) and were ruined by a black grungy tar like substance (from the water we are guessing). When we mentioned this to the manager who checked us out he didn't seem to care. We weren't complaining, rather we were thinking their laundry had a problem that they were not aware off. He of course still charged us the full cost for all the tokens we had to use. other than the nice town, nice view and attractive public areas I didn't leave feeling anything but disappointment about the hotel. It has a lot of potential but missed the mark for us.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Serigirl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

We have stayed there on 8th of July and I have to say it was great experience.

Staff very helpful, decent rooms - some people complaint about sink size but I guess they are Americans ;)

All in all highly recommended.

Marcin

• Stayed July 2011
4 Thank Itsupportbay_Marcin
sheffield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2010

We stayed at this hotel in September and chose it as we previously stayed here last year and couldn't fault it. We only stayed this time one night as we were just passing through from Almeria. I cannot fault the hotel location as it is just a short walk up into the town. It is also an ideal place for visiting Granada and the surrounding areas. We booked a table in the restaurant as when we ate in it last year it was good. The service this time was terrible. We were kept waiting throughout the whole meal and to be quite honest we were ignored many times. It took 2 hours to get through a menu del dia. To get the waitress to bring us the bill was nearly impossible. We were very polite and asked her twice for this. Both times she ignored us. In the end I stood up and approached her and said I needed to pay. She walked off into the bar area and pushed the bill across the bar. I paid and obviously didn't leave her a tip. I was so annoyed I went to the reception and brought this to the attention of the woman who was on the desk. She said she was surprised by this and would bring it to the attention of the restaurant manager. In my opinion it is a shame that one part of the hotel is being let down by bad service and bad management.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SAM57Sheffield
English Lake District
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2009

Can't believe this fabulous hotel is only rated 3 star - should be at least 4 star. Everything about it is just perfect for a totally relaxing break. Tucked away in a corner off the main street the unassuming exterior doesn't prepare you for what it's like inside and especially the outdoor areas. Lovely pool, good food, friendly staff and comfortable, clean accommodation. Welcome bottle of wine in our room on arrival. Great base for exploring the Sierra Nevada mountains and the coastal region - hire car recommended.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jarves
Belfast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

My partner and I stayed here 2 years ago and quite enjoyed our stay. However, when trying to check out, the receptionist decided to have her morning coffee and the laundry staff were left to tell people to wait ´5 minutos´ til the receptionist returned from her breakfast. This extended to 15 minutes whereby we had to insist we had a plane to catch to make her return to let us check out.
Believe it or not, the exact thing happened again yesterday - 2 years later with the same inconsiderate morning receptionist (who we have just found out is also the OWNER) whose coffee is obviously more important than her guests´ own time.
We booked an economy room this time, and boy was it economy! The TV didn´t work (although they came and replaced it) and when having a shower, the whole bathroom floor flooded. There was discarded toilet roll behind the bidet and the air conditioning was simply a large wall contraption to blow air around the room.
At dinner that evening, we had to stop someone to ask to be shown to our reserved table, where we were left sitting for 10 minutes without being approached while other guests around us were being served. To be fair, I complained and suddenly they became more than helpful, but it was embarrassing since everyone looked around when the very helpful young English speaker came to translate.
When we went to check out the next morning, the receptionist who works the morning shift (NOT the very capable and helpful afternoon receptionist) glanced at us approaching the reception and disappeared through a door. After waiting for about a minute, a member of the laundry staff approached and told us in Spanish to wait for cinco minutos until the receptionist returned. We waited, and waited, and waited and after 15 minutos we couldn´t believe that what happened to us 2 years ago was repeating itself. Yes, the receptionist had disappeared to have her morning coffee at checkout time, leaving guests to wait at her mercy. I then asked the member of laundry staff if I could leave my 15 euros (for my breakfast) and key card at the reception and go, but she said I couldn´t. I then asked in Spanish why the receptionist wasn´t there, and she said she had gone ´tomar un cafe´ (to have a coffee). 20 minutes later my partner and I had had enough, and left our 15 euros and key discreetly at the inside corner of the reception desk and left as the laundry lady watched us.
I returned later that evening to make sure they had received our money and that everything was in order, only to find out that the morning receptionist had ´not received our money´ and accused us by phone of not leaving the money in the first place and tried to invoice us for another 15 euros!
I can´t believe that a hotel owner would abandon her front desk and responsibilities and assume that her own time is more important than her guests´ at checkout time. Furthermore, she leaves her laundry staff to cover for her while they are trying to do their own jobs.
As this is the second time this has happened to us, I would highly recommend that you go somewhere else!
I am angry that I was left waiting so long by her to let us check out of her hotel, only when she feels ready to let you go. I am also quite angry that I have been accused of not paying my way, even though I had returned to make sure everything was in order. How this arrogant attitude expects to produce profit in these times of recession is beyond me. Surely having morning coffee at your desk and allowing your guests to checkout at the same time is more logical? It´s not rocket science and it leaves your guests wanting to return, unlike us who after 2 attempts to like this hotel, will never return or recommend this to anybody.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Ultach
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanjaron
Hotel Balneario de Lanjaron
#3 of 9 in Lanjaron
Andalucia Hotel
Andalucia Hotel
#7 of 9 in Lanjaron

Been to Alcadima Hotel? Share your experiences!