Everything about this hotel is special. Patricia and Manuel have created an oasis of fragrant gardens, irrigated by a series of old Moorish acequias and although the hotel itself is fairly small the grounds are extensive. We had a ground floor room with its own private terrace and sat there in the afternoon drinking wine and listening to birds singing whilst taking in the view across the gardens and swimming pool and beyond across a spectacular valley in the Sierra Nevada National Park.
The welcome was warm and informative and nothing seemed to be too much trouble. English was spoken by all the staff we met. Special mention to Chris the family dog who was a real sweetie.
Our room was comfortable and stylish and decorated with taste. A free mini bar and tea/coffee facilities were included. There is a cosy resident's lounge with music, games and WIFI leading to a terrace where meals are usually taken (depending on the weather). The restaurant is not open to the public - instead, for those guests who want to dine, Patricia expertly cooks a meal based on their own produce and what is best in the market that day. We enjoyed an excellent bottle of Rioja and their own olives followed by ham and artichoke then sea bass baked in salt with black linguini and a rich creme caramel for pudding.
Leisurely breakfast on the terrace consisted of a extensive buffet.
The final part of the road up to the hotel is single file with passing places but it is not a busy road and is about one mile at the most.
We loved it so much we have already booked a return trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Almunia del Valle is a boutique charm hotel situated in one of the most beautiful spots in the Sierra Nevada Natural Park located in the municipality of Monachil, Granada, Andalucía. At just 8 kilometers form downtown Granada, the hotel gives the visitor the luxury to be able to enjoy a natural setting of the valley, surrounded by the high picks, and crossed by the river that gives its name to the village Monachil where light and silence claim our senses. The owners Jose Manuel Plana & Patricia Merino supervise daily and personally every detail, the high level of attention given to our guest by the hotel staff makes the stay in La Almunia an unforgettable experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, HRS, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your La Almunia del Valle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Almunia Del Valle Hotel Monachil
- La Almunia Del Valle Monachil
- La Almunia Del Valle Province Of Granada/Sierra Nevada National Park - Monachil