“Lovely hotel, large, clean suites”

TownePlace Suites Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #110 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed here during a university field trip to the states, here for 3 nights during mid March. Although a little way out of town. Very helpful, willing staff. Spacious clean rooms and easily accessible. Pool and Jacuzzi facilities which were unfortunately not open although assume that they would be for the summer season. Breakfast facilities were adequate (basic but enjoyable). Would recommend to anyone passing by Atlanta, or in the Buckhead area. Quick and efficient service operated by the MARTA train service to the city centre and airport nearby.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank WalkerSavings
Paula W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for selecting our hotel during your stay in Atlanta. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Please stay with us again soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I arrived here yesterday with my daughter. since I usually travel alone, my Marriott preference is for one bed and that is the way the reservation went in. I am a Marriott gold card member so when I arrived I asked if we could get a two bed accommodation since 1) I am with my daughter, and 2) both of us (unbelievably) have several herniated discs in our backs. Incredible- I know!!!

We were told that they could not get us a two bed accommodation for the entire length of our 5 night stay, so the best they could do was a queen size bed and a pull out sofa. Well, the room was nice enough, but certainly not good for backs. I checked again later that night and was told that they now had a room for us with two beds for our entire stay.

We moved right away and the room is perfect for us. So, now I have seen two rooms and I can say that everything here is of marriott quality. I stayed in the Marriott Marquis in NYC at $400/night and this room actually offers more (just not in the heart of times square- lol). The beds are comfortable. The towels are plush and new. The refridgerator is full size, the microwave is great, dishwasher, coffee in room. The sitting area has a sofa, and two chairs, along with a computer station. Flat screen tv. I could not ask for me.

I will be traveling to Atlanta more often now since my daughter is relocation here and I think I have found the perfect spot for my family to stay when we come to visit her. The parking is FREE and in a covered garage. Wifi is Free and with good signal. it is in walking distance of stores and restaurants. Flat Screen TV.

Everyone at the front desk was kind and accommodating. Everyone who works here gives you a smile and a warm hello. The breakfast was good with one exception-- I wish there was some fresh fruit.

All and all, this was a great find.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank epfjr

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think of our property. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was impressed from the moment I walked into the hotel, receiving a VERY warm "Hello!" from Lauren at the front desk. My check in process was quick and painless, and Lauren went out of her way to accomodate my room request near a door or elevator, and even offered me a room on the first floor! This is important to me because I received a large number of packages shipped to the hotel, and was often running in and out, so convenience of location is a timesaver.

Upon my request for menus of restaurants in the area who deliver, Lauren provided me with a wide assortment from which to choose. She also made a recommendation which turned out to be

This property also offers free washers and dryers, and laundry soap and dryer sheets are available at their In A Pinch store. Everyone was helpful and kind, and I will most certainly return.
If I had to give any negative feedback it would be the business center computer was not working the morning of my departure so I could not print my boarding pass, and the closet in my Queen Suite could have used a light. Actually, the bedroom lighting could use a bit of improvement because the only full length mirror is in the bedroom on the closet doors, and it would have been nice to have more than ambient lighting available.

Overall, this is a superb hotel for the price. My experience was a good one!

Room Tip: Simply ask for what you want/need! Staff was quite helpful and accomodating.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Paula W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will stay again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Nice room. It was well equipped. I didn't use the kitchen but everything was there if I needed it. I liked the size and layout of the room. One minor problem was that there was not an accessible outlet near the bed and I had to plug in my phone across the room. Not a big deal, though. I guess they expected guests to cook their own breakfast, because the breakfast items were setup on the check in window and nothing was heated, all had to be microwaved.
Overall, this visit was good and it was close to where I had to be the next morning.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank my89pickup
Paula W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope you will use us again on your next trip to Atlanta.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in late January. The 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite was super. There was a kitchen area with refrig, microwave, and stove. Dishes, pans, silverware, etc. were provided. There was small seating area and tvs in all the rooms. This was a perfect setup for my sister-in-law and her two (16 & 12) kids. We didn't cook but did use the refrig, & microwave to keep and heat up leftovers. The rooms were very clean though there were stains, in two of the rooms, on the ceiling from possible past leaks from the sprinkler system. The beds and multiple pillows were very comfortable and everyone seemed to sleep just fine. The exercise room was small, but we seemed to be the only ones to use it so that was OK. The staff was always pleasent and helpful. A special thanks to Lauren who checked us in, directed us to an Italian restaurant for dinner, and had baked chocolate chip cookies for the guests just before we had arrived. Mmm good! The free breakfast is simple, but enough to get you started on your day. We didn't use the free shuttle to a nearby MARTA station since we drove into Atlanta, but is was nice to know we had this option. The price was very resonable for all the space and suite amenities. It was a great place to stay just off of 85 and just a short drive to downtown.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank brideforlife
Paula W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit.

Paula Weaver

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here for an overnight while visiting family. Great location in Buckhead, right off I85 and GA400. Room had internet, fridge, stove, nice tv and a great bed. Although this is geared to longer stays, it worked for one night. Nice continental breakfast in the morning and they do offer shuttle service to the Lindbergh Marta station.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joseph T
Paula W, Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope that you will return on your next trip to Atlanta.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

In town on business for several nights. This is a very nice hotel in a convenient location. Stayed in a suite and even had a dishwasher, large refrigerator and stove top...not that I used those! Very clean and breakfast was nice. Several restaurants and shopping within walking distance. Lauren at the front desk on night shift is a jewel. Would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank wheelthrower
Paula W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you for providing us with feedback on our hotel. I will share your comments with our staff, especially Lauren. Please stay with us again on your next visit.