“The service was the best part!”

W Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #64 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Manhattan, Kansas
“The service was the best part!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2010

I recently visited the W Buckhead and was very pleased! The swanky feel and groovy music made me feel like I was in a very "hip" place. Being a constant traveler I have stayed at many hotels. I got great service by Zander!! He was VERY helpful and since this was my first visit to Atlanta he suggested some really neat places to explore. His suggestions and positive friendly attitude made my trip to Atlanta exciting and pleasing. While I must admit the rooms weren't exactly up to par with the other W's I have visited, I think the great service makes me overlook the lesser. I will be returning and recommending this one in the near future!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2010

I just returned from spending a couple nights at this property while visiting ATL on business. The service by its employees and the overall decor and ambiance was phenomenal! I must admit that I have a preference for the Westin brand but was pleasantly surprised by the genuine warmth, the exceptional service and the willingness by the hotel team to meet and exceed my expectations.

I must commend and make special mention of the Welcome Ambassador Travis who ably assisted me and ensured that my experience at the W was a pleasant one. It's not very often that I take the time to rate hotels that I visit but I felt compelled to do so in this case because my previous W experiences were not always the best. However, this visit was different, the level of professionalism exhibited by Travis, his obvious commitment to the delivery of superior customer service, his competence and more importantly his ability to follow through on the requests that I had made in a timely manner made me re-evaluate my perceptions and beliefs of the W brand especially when traveling on business.

I will certainly recommend this property and will definitely stay here again in the future.

E Skeete

North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2010

I guess you get what you pay for in this hotel, which is style over substance. Sure the decor is slick and the music is hip, but underneath it you have a slightly dirty room and a general lack of concern for guests. We only stayed one night while my fiance was on business, and when I checked in by myself in the afternoon I was overwhelmed with attention. Later that night we were overcharged at the bar and had to point out the printed price on the menu. Next morning when we checked out at 11 am we were told that there was NO complimentary coffee and had to buy ourselves two cups at the bar. When I asked for information about historical sites I was pointed to the concierge, who was on the phone for the 20 minutes it took us to drink our lukewarm coffee. Thanks a lot, W. Even the Marriott gives you free coffee. I wouldn't spend the money again - I didn't feel we got any extra value for it, except for the 4 extra soaps we stole from a laundry cart. Yay.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2010

Was offered a night here for business and brought my spouse. At $339 a night and all the great reviews, was expecting a treat. Well, this is what the hotel DOESN'T offer: free internet in rooms, coffee maker in rooms, fan and heating system that works, guide on the TV set, fridge or micro in room, free breakfast, queen sized beds (more like doubles) or large rooms (more like a closet). It DOES HAVE: annoying mall music in lobby (felt like I was at Abercrombie or something), a view of the mall from the rooftop bar, $6 domestic beers, free coffee in lobby but danish you pay for, and robes to wear. Like the robes, but honestly, for that money I could have had 3 nights at a Hampton and all of the above missing amenities. Oh, and parking is $30 a night--but it's $20 at the Westin, two doors down. Just a tip.

1 Thank writergirl013
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

I recently stayed at the W Atlanta Buckhead for 2 nights for business and although it has a very cutting-edge, modern feel it was a nice hotel for my business needs as well. I liked having a dining table in my room in addition to a desk; it helped not having to eat and work in the same area when ordering room service.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Just ask and your wish is literally taken care of! They really aim to please. The Acura car service that is free within 3 miles (pickup and drop off) is a great feature and Willie, the driver, is amazing! His personal touch really adds to the experience.

One word of caution, if you're staying on a high floor, maybe ask to be away from Whiskey Blue (the roof top bar) since you can hear the outside noise from this especially late in the week on evenings if you're trying to get work done or need to get to bed early. It wasn't an issue for me, but might be for some.

Their conference setup and food service is nice as well. Again, service was top-notch and they strive to call you by name whenever possible, a nice touch especially since I have a difficult last name, so I know much effort was made and they usually pronounced it correctly, which is rare!

I'll be back for my next trip to Atlanta!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

First off, let me say that I am a huge fan of the W hotel brand. I stay at, eat at, and drink at W hotels all over the country. The W Boston, W French Quarter, and W South Beach are three of my favorite hotels ever. As an added bonus, the Starwood hotel group is extensive and the points add up fast.

Having said that, the service and room at this W were seriously lacking. Maybe I stayed at the hotel on a bad night, but my experience left a lot to be desired. On the positive side, I thought their living room set up was great, as it usually is at W hotels. The room I stayed in must have been their worst room in the hotel. The front desk attendant who checked my friend into her room seemed ready to go home, rather than pay any attention to our room requests. The A/C was shaky at best, the tv reception kept coming in and out, and my room service food took forever to arrive and wasn't anything special anyways. Granted I stayed in their "WOW" room, which is the lowest category room they have. Perhaps if I had gone with a suite, my opinion would be different.

I will be back in Atlanta to watch the Falcons play the Bengals later this month and will probably go back to the Intercontinental Buckhead or Ritz Carlton. The government rate (if you're eligibile) is a great deal and is the same at all the area hotels.

I still strongly recommend W hotels, particularly the three I listed above. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend the W buckhead and would be hesitant to stay there again unless my friends were dead set on the idea. They could learn a lot from their sister hotels.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, October 14, 2010
Well Hello There, thekeone,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, from your stay with us in March. I sincerely appreciate your loyalty to the brand and comments on your visit. I apologize for the encounters that you and your guests had, and I will share them with the respective teams to ensure they do not repeat themselves. I hope that you will revisit us on your next trip to see the Falcons play, as we are continually making improvements in all departments to better create the WOW experience for our guests, like you have enjoyed at fellow W properties around the country. Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you again soon, to provide you the complete and true W experience you have come to expect and deserve.

Warm Wishes
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2010

My husband and I traveled from D.C. to the "W" in Buckhead for a birthday weekend. We had the best time. Thanks to the entire staff, especially concierge David Searcy who helped with directions, maps and recommendations for my perpetually lost husband. To Dana at the bar, for the drinks and the birthday cookies. Also all the guys in parking, especially Ali and Robert thanks alot. We had a great time!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple