“Enjoyable Business Travel, Great Service”

W Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #66 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Enjoyable Business Travel, Great Service”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I recently stayed at the W Atlanta Buckhead for 2 nights for business and although it has a very cutting-edge, modern feel it was a nice hotel for my business needs as well. I liked having a dining table in my room in addition to a desk; it helped not having to eat and work in the same area when ordering room service.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Just ask and your wish is literally taken care of! They really aim to please. The Acura car service that is free within 3 miles (pickup and drop off) is a great feature and Willie, the driver, is amazing! His personal touch really adds to the experience.

One word of caution, if you're staying on a high floor, maybe ask to be away from Whiskey Blue (the roof top bar) since you can hear the outside noise from this especially late in the week on evenings if you're trying to get work done or need to get to bed early. It wasn't an issue for me, but might be for some.

Their conference setup and food service is nice as well. Again, service was top-notch and they strive to call you by name whenever possible, a nice touch especially since I have a difficult last name, so I know much effort was made and they usually pronounced it correctly, which is rare!

I'll be back for my next trip to Atlanta!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 7, 2010

First off, let me say that I am a huge fan of the W hotel brand. I stay at, eat at, and drink at W hotels all over the country. The W Boston, W French Quarter, and W South Beach are three of my favorite hotels ever. As an added bonus, the Starwood hotel group is extensive and the points add up fast.

Having said that, the service and room at this W were seriously lacking. Maybe I stayed at the hotel on a bad night, but my experience left a lot to be desired. On the positive side, I thought their living room set up was great, as it usually is at W hotels. The room I stayed in must have been their worst room in the hotel. The front desk attendant who checked my friend into her room seemed ready to go home, rather than pay any attention to our room requests. The A/C was shaky at best, the tv reception kept coming in and out, and my room service food took forever to arrive and wasn't anything special anyways. Granted I stayed in their "WOW" room, which is the lowest category room they have. Perhaps if I had gone with a suite, my opinion would be different.

I will be back in Atlanta to watch the Falcons play the Bengals later this month and will probably go back to the Intercontinental Buckhead or Ritz Carlton. The government rate (if you're eligibile) is a great deal and is the same at all the area hotels.

I still strongly recommend W hotels, particularly the three I listed above. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend the W buckhead and would be hesitant to stay there again unless my friends were dead set on the idea. They could learn a lot from their sister hotels.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, October 14, 2010
Well Hello There, thekeone,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, from your stay with us in March. I sincerely appreciate your loyalty to the brand and comments on your visit. I apologize for the encounters that you and your guests had, and I will share them with the respective teams to ensure they do not repeat themselves. I hope that you will revisit us on your next trip to see the Falcons play, as we are continually making improvements in all departments to better create the WOW experience for our guests, like you have enjoyed at fellow W properties around the country. Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you again soon, to provide you the complete and true W experience you have come to expect and deserve.

Warm Wishes
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 29, 2010

My husband and I traveled from D.C. to the "W" in Buckhead for a birthday weekend. We had the best time. Thanks to the entire staff, especially concierge David Searcy who helped with directions, maps and recommendations for my perpetually lost husband. To Dana at the bar, for the drinks and the birthday cookies. Also all the guys in parking, especially Ali and Robert thanks alot. We had a great time!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
freehold, ny
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Well the staff is so accommadating. I can not say enough about how punctual, accomadating, kind, and a pleasure it was to have Willy there to smile and take us whenever/ whatever! Can't wait to come back next month!!! Traveled there on business and requested to return to same hotel!

• Stayed September 2010
New England
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Full disclosure: I received an amazing rate...like, really amazing.

That being said, I would have paid twice as much and still would have been just as satisfied. Very nice hotel, modern amenities, great decor, tons of space, friendly, professional staff, awesome location...the list goes on and on. Only complaints: there's no free internet, but the fee is only $11, and I had such a great rate that it didn't matter, and the gym is small, but I worked out elsewhere. Short and sweet: I'll be back again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Where do begin. I booked this hotel for our aniversary and the amenities were wrong that we were told. We did not have the garden tub they said we would have. The bed was a queen not king. When we checked in we asked for some headache medicine. We had to go downstairs to get it bad room service third shift was prompt when we asked for a coke. Never got into the pool it was closed all the time. Ice machine was broken. This is suppose to be a four star hotel. I wish I had not had to pay this price for a bad service. I will be contacting the owner. Most cheap hotels have coffee in room this place did not. we wasted our pasta cause they didn't have a refrigerator. We were charged to call the hotel. I couldn't believe that. Our movie we rented did not work couldn't get a signal in our room. Overall we didn't stay in the hotel long we were so disapointed.

• Stayed September 2010
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, September 21, 2010
Sirensmama - Thank you for your feedback. I have reached out to you directly with a private message and I look forward to your next visit to W Atlanta Buckhead, so that we can deliver the signature Whatever/Whenever service the W is renowned for and provide the special experience that you expected, and deserve. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your return.

Warm Wishes
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 9, 2010

The W Hotel Buckhead was a wonderful experience! Before arriving we contacted the conciere to make massage appointments at a local spa for us, and when we arrived to the hotel we were greeted with smiles and a nice young man at the front desk helped us to make dinner reservations and even satisfied my sweet tooth by seeking out a piece of chocolate for me! That's the way to start a great trip!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple