“"W" must stand for WOW!”

W Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #69 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“"W" must stand for WOW!”
Reviewed September 29, 2010

My husband and I traveled from D.C. to the "W" in Buckhead for a birthday weekend. We had the best time. Thanks to the entire staff, especially concierge David Searcy who helped with directions, maps and recommendations for my perpetually lost husband. To Dana at the bar, for the drinks and the birthday cookies. Also all the guys in parking, especially Ali and Robert thanks alot. We had a great time!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Korean first
freehold, ny
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Well the staff is so accommadating. I can not say enough about how punctual, accomadating, kind, and a pleasure it was to have Willy there to smile and take us whenever/ whatever! Can't wait to come back next month!!! Traveled there on business and requested to return to same hotel!

• Stayed September 2010
New England
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Full disclosure: I received an amazing rate...like, really amazing.

That being said, I would have paid twice as much and still would have been just as satisfied. Very nice hotel, modern amenities, great decor, tons of space, friendly, professional staff, awesome location...the list goes on and on. Only complaints: there's no free internet, but the fee is only $11, and I had such a great rate that it didn't matter, and the gym is small, but I worked out elsewhere. Short and sweet: I'll be back again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Where do begin. I booked this hotel for our aniversary and the amenities were wrong that we were told. We did not have the garden tub they said we would have. The bed was a queen not king. When we checked in we asked for some headache medicine. We had to go downstairs to get it bad room service third shift was prompt when we asked for a coke. Never got into the pool it was closed all the time. Ice machine was broken. This is suppose to be a four star hotel. I wish I had not had to pay this price for a bad service. I will be contacting the owner. Most cheap hotels have coffee in room this place did not. we wasted our pasta cause they didn't have a refrigerator. We were charged to call the hotel. I couldn't believe that. Our movie we rented did not work couldn't get a signal in our room. Overall we didn't stay in the hotel long we were so disapointed.

• Stayed September 2010
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, September 21, 2010
Sirensmama - Thank you for your feedback. I have reached out to you directly with a private message and I look forward to your next visit to W Atlanta Buckhead, so that we can deliver the signature Whatever/Whenever service the W is renowned for and provide the special experience that you expected, and deserve. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your return.

Warm Wishes
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 9, 2010

The W Hotel Buckhead was a wonderful experience! Before arriving we contacted the conciere to make massage appointments at a local spa for us, and when we arrived to the hotel we were greeted with smiles and a nice young man at the front desk helped us to make dinner reservations and even satisfied my sweet tooth by seeking out a piece of chocolate for me! That's the way to start a great trip!

Lawrenceville
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I decided to spend my birthday at the W Hotel and it was worth the money! The suite and guest rooms are great! The bed was like cotton and the views from the room are spectacular! If you decide not to go to the pool, then the Whiskey Blue Bar on the roof is a great venue! The crowd is mature, the drinks are reasonable, and the view on the roof gives you that "South Beach" feeling! I stay at a lot of high-end hotels, but the W is my favorite! Check it out, you won't regret it!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed September 7, 2010

This was our first time visiting Atlanta, as well as staying at a W Hotel. Buckhead is a great location. It is close to excellent upscale shopping. Also, the W is a five-minute walk to the subway. The hotel staff were wonderful. Especially Scott, Dave, and David Michael, who were all very helpful and made us feel welcomed. The decor of the hotel is also nice; hip and upscale. What I didn't like was the W policy of charging for everything. Internet is extra, phone calls extra, no coffee in the room. I'd rather pay an extra few dollars in my room rate and have these things included. While the room itself was very nice, I found the washroom in the room to be awkward. There is not a proper door separating the main room from the bathroom. Instead there is a sliding door (that at times didn't stay properly closed). The bed is quite close to the toilet on the other side of the partition which made for a bit of awkwardness. My spouse was going down to the lobby to use the washroom. All in all this is a great hotel though and if you stay here you'll be quite pleased.