“Great experience !”

Ranked #67 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
st thomas, VI
“Great experience !”
Reviewed August 27, 2009

This is my first review. I am not easily pleased in general by hotels but my stay at the W was an exceptional. Every aspect of my stay was great .Scott Ragland the manager went out of his way to make my stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. His caring was genuine and sincere. Willie the driver also went out of his way to accommodate me. I would highly recommend the W for anyone wanting a great experince.

Brian Cheetham, M.D.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
Seattle
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I had a wonderful stay at the W in Atlanta - Buckhead. The level of service from the door men, front desk and room service staff was second to none. The best service came when I was looking for a place to eat and was offered a ride by the hotel's car service . The driver, Mr. Willie Maclin was very knowledgeable and determined to make sure I had a wonderful dining experience. I was so impressed I use Mr. Macklin services the following night as well!

The W is a must stay on your next visit to Buckhead - Atlanta!

ga
Reviewed August 23, 2009

My husbad and I stayed here over the weekend. This hotel is just fabulous. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room, al I can say is WOW. We will most definetely stay here again and again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Tilly2009
Reviewed August 21, 2009

I frequently travel for both business and pleasure. When in Atlanta, I usually stay at the Intercontinental or Grand Hyatt in the upscale Buckhead area.

I booked two rooms for five nights for my family with high expectations of ultra modern decor and four star amenities. Although the decor was hip and modern as expected, we were very disappointed with the maintenance of this eight month-old hotel. Upon our night time arrival, one of the rooms had a strong stench of cigarette smoke. The smell intensified into the morning and was enhanced by a noisy Motel 6 quality wall-mounted air conditioning unit. We were awakened by pounding construction noises coming from the walls. The bath tub drained slowly. In the other room, the toilet wouldn't flush and the seat was very loose. A maintenance guy arrived quickly and repaired the flush. Dirty glasses were left in our rooms for two days. We expect housekeeping staff to report maintenance issues to the appropriate staff before we have to do so. The rooms didn't have such amenities as Q-tips or cotton balls.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Chicago
Reviewed August 19, 2009

What a wonderful experience I had at the W hotel. Every time I visit, the staff at the hotel is absolutely fantastic. I stay here quite frequently due to business travel for a customer in Atlanta. From the valet personnel to guest services, they all are great. Not only did guest services recognize me when I came in the door, but they make sure that I have everything I need while I am there on business. My last trip experience was great. I asked for someplace quiet and they accommodated me by moving me to a higher floor. They also helped with reservations for dinner so that my team and I could work and eat at the same time, as well as, gave us a discount card for the restaurant. Guest services have definitely made the W the place to stay when I come to ATL on business or pleasure.

iamdonald
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I've stayed at a few W hotels and I must say that I have mixed feelings about the brand. They try to be hip and cool to the point that it looks like they are trying too hard. This W is not any different in that respect, but it is a notch above the others overall. The hotel spaces were supposedly designed by one of the guys on Queer Eye. It makes for some rooms that are just a little ridiculous yet fun. The people going in and out the hotel could also be described by the same adjectives. The Whiskey Bar on the roof top was surprisingly crowded with a good energy for a hotel bar with only valet parking. Finally, the service was exceptionally good even compared to other Ws. Everyone was quite friendly and attentive. My only true complaint would be the $30.00 cost of valet parking/night. Other than that, I would recommend this place for the chic and want to be chic.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
SC
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Here's the review I sent W:

So glad you asked! We have been loyal Starwood customers for years now and thought instead of our regular hotel of choice for Atlanta, the Ritz Carlton, we would try the W--for $209. versus the Ritz Carlton at $159. We had heard such good things.

Maybe we are out of the demographic for this hotel, but we were greatly disappointed. All staff was polite and sure to tell us call for anything. However, when we return from dinner at 10:30 and the turndown had not been done, we didn't want to wait on them. Also, the mini bar was mostly empty when we arrived and never replenished (luckily, I always travel with my own scotch and water). The safe was locked from the previous guest; the bell man promised to have it opened before we went to dinner, and it was never seen to.

The room was our biggest--littlest--complaint. Are the rooms and baths this small in all W's? We had supposedly been upgraded to a wonderful room. We were a bit taken back by the complete lack of privacy and the cramped bathroom.

The bright spots on the stay were the bed was very comfortable, although, my husband and I will never understand why hotels in HOT climates use down comforters. At least offer guest cotton blankets. I am comfortable with just the sheets, but my husband either freezes with just the sheet or sweats with the comforter.

The other bright spot was the driver for the Acura. I think his name was Willie. He was a delight and most helpful with information about traffic for our appointment the next morning.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple