“Staff is Awesome !!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #62 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
sc
“Staff is Awesome !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2009

This was a first time for my family, it definitely will not be the last. The hotel and the entire staff was totally awesome. Yong, made a wonderful lasting impression on us, The entire staff treats you as though you are their only guest. I hope we can return soon.

Dianne Robinson & Family

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Korean first
la jolla, ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2009

I was excited at the prospect of staying at the W Hotel in Buckhead but very disappointed when I arrived. The room was tiny in comparison to other 4 star hotels I've enjoyed and I've traveled all over the world staying in luxurious destinations. The shower and commode area were miniscule and the sliding door was a see-through opaque, which provided no privacy. The chairs were uncomfortable and the air conditioning blasted intermittently, freezing me at the desk as I worked. The first room I was assigned has mechanical defects (phone and lights) so I switched rooms (the second, a corner room, was slightly larger. It also had a phone problem but I just lived with it. I required some special effort from the staff but they didn't come through. All in all, the experience was terrible at the hotel and I wouldn't stay there again. I'm not sure if I'd stay at other W Hotels. The InterContinent, right down the block, was much better and less expensive.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank david740
Jacksonville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2009

I had the distinct pleasure of being driven by Mr. Willie Maclin while staying at the W. He was personable, quite entertaining and very knowledgable about the city. He did not hesitate to serve us with great pleasure. He is truely an asset to your organization!!!! Kudos to Mr. Maclin for being a true jewel!!!!
Mrs. Lott
Jacksonville, Fl

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2009

I stayed for one night at the W-Buckhead last weekend and had a very pleasant stay. Azar (sp?) at the front desk was extremely helpful during check-in and check-out. I really appreciated his warm attitude. Our room (#831) was perfect, and best of all I had a great time at Whiskey Bleu. The only negative experience was that the front desk forgot to leave my printed boarding pass under the door as I had asked. It wasn't a big deal, as I was able to use the little booth by the elevator to print it myself. I definitely plan on being back!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2009

I am a local and I came into Buckhead with a friend for a rare girls weekend, and it was amazing! When we checked in, the bellman, Christian had us laughing so hard! He's hilarious-we wanted to take him with us! We had dinner at Market on Friday night and the food was great-very unique twists to what you would expect. The manager, Kelly, came over to check on us twice, and really made an impression.

The hotel staff is very friendly-they seem to really enjoy what they do and it's refreshing. Just walking through the lobby, Barry, the concierge stuck up a conversation with us (he's hot!). Actually, it seems like all the employees at this W are gorgeous! (Do they do that on purpose?)

We had all kinds of little random requests during our stay, and every time we called their "whatever/whenever" service, a friendly voice answered and we got everything we wanted quickly; we were never transferred all over the place. The hi-light of the night was Whiskey Blue. The environment is very cool, full of beautiful people, and the DJ kept us moving. We didn't want it to end!

We stayed in a suite, and it's GORGEOUS! I love the Thom Filicia design-it's different from any hotel room I've ever seen. When we got back to the suite from Whiskey Blue, we were hungry, and the in-room dining people brought us everything our hearts desired-Meredith and Philippe were great!. We felt like queens with our W robes and slippers. Needless to say, I'm definitely coming back, and I hope to see the employees we ran into, because they truly made our experience!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2009

The hotel is hip and the rooms are very nice. The staff was amazing and very helpful. Thanks a lot to Jill, Linda, Azar, Hong and Marc!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2009

really perturbed on paying $30 a night to valet park....pretty outrageous!
would go back with friends and have night out on the town and go back to this W.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple