“Best W experience ever!”

W Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #69 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Toronto
“Best W experience ever!”
Reviewed May 19, 2009

I stay at the W's in New York often - I LOVE THIS W. Unique in its style and a great place to unwind. excellent customer service, extremely funky, and a lot of fun. Great music at the roof top bar. Great pool! the staff were attentive, helpful, they remember who i was by name and referenced things i had mentioned in our last interaction. I would recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Korean first
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed May 18, 2009

I've been traveling to Buckhead for work for a little over a year now and have finally found a hotel to call home, W Buckhead. I've stayed there several times now and have become a W Hotel convert!

The staff are always friendly and go out of their way to make me comfortable. The rooms are really nicely appointed with details like an ipod plug-in for the stereo and the most comfortable bed you will ever sleep in. Last, the restaurant and rooftop bar are both incredible.

Bottom line... it's the best hotel in Buckhead. I won't be staying anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
New Orleans
Reviewed May 13, 2009

The hotel is elegant, the staff is friendly and helpful almost to the point of being effusive, the room was very cozy, comfortable and nicely designed/decorated if a bit small, the restaurant is just excellent.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Carolinas
Reviewed May 12, 2009

I wanted to give you some feedback about my recent stay at the W Hotel in Buckhead, Atlanta. I have stayed in several W Hotels and always had a consistent enjoyable experience. I usually stay at the Ritz in Buckhead but thought I would give the W Hotel a try. I made the mistake of booking rooms for my parents, child, and friends. Our overall experience was poor and I was embarrassed that I had chosen this hotel.

On the positive side this a well-appointed hotel with an excellent restaurant (Market), pool area, and nice roof top bar. The rooms were above average and comfortable. The rest of our experience was less than ideal which was largely due to the service. Here are a few of the problems we experienced.

Despite several calls prior to arrival. The hotel room requests were confused.
I love an energetic hotel. However, the loud clientele gave this hotel a spring break atmosphere. Friday night some rowdy guests pulled the fire alarm at 2am which went off for approximately 45 minutes multiple times. No apology, no explanation, and no notification from the hotel staff that this was a false alarm or that we should evacuate. Very unnerving and less than relaxing. This was poorly handled.
After a restless night, we tried to sleep in on Saturday and despite the do not disturb sign I was awakened by the maid at 8:45am, 9:45am, and 10:45. At 10:45, I literally had to argue with maid telling her that we did not want to be disturbed even if it meant not having room cleaning that day. She was less than polite said it would be too late if we did not let her come in now. I have never had a cleaning person this persistent. I discussed this with the front desk who seemed unconcerned.
Sunday night there were multiple parties going on our floor. The walls are poorly insulated and quite loud. The room next to us was smoking and our room also smelled of smoke through the bathroom vent. At 2am the crowd in the hall reached an intolerable pitch. There were at least fifteen people in the room across from us, yelling and drunk out of their mind. Several guests were in the halls at this point asking these people to keep it down, turn down the music and move the party in their room. Finally after several phone calls to the front desk, security came up and broke things up around 4am. I complained the next morning to the front staff about another sleepless night and the comment was that "sort of thing happens all the time and things can really get out of hand here."
Room bills were in accurate at checkout.

My final assessment of the W Hotel Buckhead is that it is not consistent with the other W Hotels that I have stayed in. The management and staff appeared to young kids working hungover and more interested in making the Hotel a spring break atmosphere than a fine hotel. I do not think you are targeting the right clientele for this hotel. I would not stay in this hotel again and will be reluctant to stay at another W Hotel. A more accurate motto for the W Atlanta Buckhead might be "....Whatever"!

Boston
Reviewed May 11, 2009

I stayed here for a weekend with my girlfirend and had an amazing stay. From Check-in ot Check-out everyone was fantastic. David, the complimentary driver service, Travis and Charlie, the Bell hop's, were superb. I have stayed in my fair share of W's and Westin's and this stay by far was one of the best. There was one small issue with the elevators at night to get to the W Bar, but hey it is the place to be, right? I will definitely stay here again next time I am in town.

Atlanta, Ga.
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Just spent the weekend at the W with my Wife and her friend. I am starting to think that the only people that write reviews are whiner types that cant be satisfied. I felt compelled to write a review to set the record straight. This "Boutique" Style Hotel is in the best possible Buckhead location. It has an amazing atmosphere and ambiance that is unparalled in any of the places I have stayed. The rooms are not large, hence the term "boutique" , but they are very tastefully done, and the beds were amazingly comfortable. The Living Room Lounge in the lobby area was a very "cool" relaxing place, and the Rooftop Bar offered and incredible atmosphere. The pool at the top of the 4th floor is small but more than adequate and is surrounded by these amazing cabanas. The valets were awesome, and I didn't meet a single staff member that wasn't as friendly and professional as you could imagine. The rates were extremely competitive for the caliber of the hotel. Lenox Mall is right next door, and many of the finest restaurants within walking distance. It was a short 5 mile cab ride to the nightclubs. We cant wait to go back and fully plan to again and again. If you dont love this place, it's only because your out of your element. EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 10, 2009

Great getaway! I wanted a weekend away with the girls, the W was perfect. It was a great location, close to fantastic shopping. The pool and cabanas were also perfect for my sunny vacation. With really helpful staff and a happening night life I would definitely recommend the W

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends