I like the W Buckhead way better than their midtown location. The hotel truly embodies the W brand. Super loungey too cool for me music in the lobby, creative decor, witty phrases (sweat instead of gym, dough over the atm, etc.) and it smells really really nice. However, there were a few things that made me waver between giving it 3 or 4 stars.
The W Buckhead is a 3.75 star hotel according to me. The rooms are well decorated, but are smaller in size compared to W Midtown. The rooms are clean, there's a desk to do work on (although the wood got water-damage on it and was covered in bumps), the bed was more on the soft side than firm, and the sheets were clean.
The bathroom is pretty tight in space. There's a small glass counter where you can put toiletries and that's about it. There is a frosted glass pane in the middle of the wall facing the bedroom. You can see faint shapes out, but looking in you can't see much. It might be awkward for some people. The bathroom door is also a frosted glass. You can hear people pee so you should be pretty comfortable with whoever you're staying with.
The service was friendly. The valet was quick, as long as we called down our car would be waiting for us by the time we got downstairs (~ 5 minutes). Valet is about $32 per night. Also, I left my phone there and when I called, the security guard was very very helpful. He went to go look for it and called me back within 10 minutes to told me he found it. I really appreciate him taking that effort to go look for it and to ship it back to me. Thank you!
So why 4 stars instead of 5?
1. There was 3 elevators but only one was working on the first night I got there and for some reason it wouldn't go to the floor it was suppose to. Fixed quickly though.
2. Plastic cups in the bathroom. I know this is going to make me sound super snobby but really? I mean.. plastic cups instead of glass? I'm not at the holiday inn. I would actually love to hear the reasoning behind this.
3. This is a huge business hotel which means everyone is up early around 7 am taking a shower. Thus, no hot water for you. Also, the room walls are thing and I could hear people showering while I was showering.
4. The air conditioning is loud... it's a system in the room that actually takes up a lot of space.
5. Gym is on the small side - 3 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, 1 bike, and weight machines. Usually I think this is plenty, but every morning I was there each were occupied. They should consider an expansion.
- Very close to MARTA Station, Phipps, and Lenox Square
- Coffee in the morning
- Fruit-infused water
- Internet is 10.95 to 14.95 a day for up to 3 devices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Atlanta's entertainment and fashion capital is W Atlanta - Buckhead, where southern hospitality rules 24/7. W Atlanta - Buckhead combines modern luxury and Southern charm into its chic design and welcoming atmosphere, in a neighborhood that puts you in the center of all Atlanta has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your W Atlanta - Buckhead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Atlanta - Buckhead Hotel Atlanta
- w Hotels Atlanta