“Not up to par”

Ranked #64 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
El Dorado, Arkansas
“Not up to par”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were in town for a weekend get a way and decided to stay at the W. Overall we were disappointed with the property. Check in was slow to the limited staff and number of people checking in. This seemed to be a problem all day as our friends had the same complaint when they were checking in 3 hours earlier.
The decor was hip and modern which was nice. But the design of the rooms was functionally terrible. The sink area is not enclosed so you may disturb your partner if they want to sleep in while you shave. The toilet is behind a smoked glass door. Sorry but I like my privacy. The worst design flaw was the shower which was only partially enclosed. There was as much water out of the shower by the toilet as in the shower itself.
There were a couple of positives. The location was great. The free coffee in the morning in the lobby was appreciated. The rooftop bar was fabulous.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RParkes, Guest Experience Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Ken G. - Thanks for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. So sorry to hear that your weekend getaway was disappointing, but we certainly want to make it up to you. Thank you for your patience during your check-in experience. This past weekend was extremely busy with city-wide events being held throughout Atlanta and our team was diligently working to get everyone registered in a timely manner. We pride ourselves in ensuring that every guest who walks through our doors experiences a dynamic W stay. Whenever you're planning your next weekend getaway, please contact me directly at Renford.Parkes@whotels.com and I will personally oversee every aspect of your accommodatins making sure this next getaway is truly memorable.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

In first room, TV didn't work, makeup mirror light out. Asked for room to be made up immediately, not done when we returned 4 hours later.
Changed rooms, could hear toilets flushing from other rooms. Couldn't turn shower on without getting soaked with cold water. Bathroom had no door to sink area toilet/shower area so small, couldn't turn around. At 6:15 am, smoke detector battery died and started beeping. Why aren't they hard wired or batteries changed regularly.
Only 1 elevator working entire length of stay. Long waits
Good location but nowhere near worth the $

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Ruth S. - Thank you for posting a review regarding your experience. We're disappointed to know that you experienced certain challenges during your stay and we will use this valuable feedback as a tool for coaching and improving our operation. We certainly want another opportunity to have you back as our guest. Please contact me directly at Renford.Parkes@whotels.com and I will personally oversee your next reservation ensuring a flawless and memorable W experience. You have our word!

Until next time, take care and thank you for visiting with us!

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We came for a mixture of business and family. Needed a Buckhead location and previous good experiences brought us here. All staff people were helpful and responsive especially engineer Wayne. One ding would be room chairs. Not particularly comfortable, nor functional.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Chuck C. - We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your W Buckhead experience! You came for the perfect trip, a mix of business and pleasure and there's no better place to be in Atlanta! No matter what brings you to the city, we welcome everyone to stop by and experience firsthand exactly what we're all about. A good time awaits you!

Whatever/Whenever, we're here for you.

Denver, CO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were very disappointed with this W hotel. In our room, we could hear toilets being flushed from the other rooms. In the lobby, loud music was constantly playing. The rooms had the weirdest bathrooms. The toilet felt it was part of the bedroom. The shower was so close to the toilet, that when you took a shower, the toilet seat got wet. The one good thing was the staff. They were very friendly & helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rugbyjello - Thanks for posting a review. Your feedback will prove to be valuable
as we continue to enhance and update our rooms. We have different room layouts that I'm sure you will enjoy on your next visit. Just give us a call and we'd be delighted to offer you a complimentary upgrade. Our Whatever/Whenever Service Culture is truly that and we look forward to welcoming you back soon in grand style!

hmseminole
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

This hotel was the hippest in Atlanta at one time. It needs a renovation desperately as it is currently not a 4 star hotel. The carpet was badly stained, it has window ac units, and the rooms are very small. We also had a horrible customer service experience that was rectified by the Manager on duty after 30 minutes of discussion. If you are looking for a great 4 star hotel in Buckhead, you should try the Hyatt, the Intercontinental or the Westin as they meet the 4 star criteria.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
RParkes, Guest Experience Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
hmseminole - So sorry to hear that you experienced challenges during your visit, but we certainly want to make it up to you. We're currently updating certain aspects of your property and welcome you to visit again soon to see the improvements firsthand. Until next time...take care and you're always welcome!

New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I'm surprised by all the glowing reviews. I just stayed at this hotel The staff couldn't be nicer. However, the bedroom and the bathroom are one and the same. I opened the door to room 227 and immediately thought "this is pretty good". There was a king size bed, a sitting area and desk. Once I rolled my suitcase in I saw that next to a very small wall was the bathroom sink and next to that was the toilet. Immediately beyond that is a small shower. I've traveled all over the world and I have never seen the toilet from my bed. Not a fan.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
RParkes, Guest Experience Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
VCBeachGirl - We appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your experience. Our trendy and modern design is unique to Buckhead and we invite you to experience another room layout on your next visit that, I'm sure you'll enjoy. Make yourself at home and stay awhile....everyone's always welcome to recharge and relax at W Atlanta Buckhead!

Stop by anytime, a true Insider experience awaits!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I checked into my room to find there was a minor leak next to the bath room. I informed Renford Parkes, the Guest Experience Manager, and he promptly moved me to another suite and compensated me for the inconvenience with starhot point and complimentary cocktails. I'm a frequent guest at this W Atlanta Buckhead, and Renford made every effort to make my stay a pleasant one. Thank you

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Simon B. - Thanks for taking the time to share your positive experience via TripAdvisor! Issues sometimes happen, but it's how you recover that makes all the difference. We do not take for granted that you choose W Atlanta Buckhead everytime you're in the city. It's truly a pleasure to have you stay with us and we'll definitely see you next time!