“Smaller W with big hospitality” 4 of 5 stars
Review of W Atlanta - Buckhead

W Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #50 of 177 Hotels in Atlanta
“Smaller W with big hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

This is my 3rd time staying here over the last few months. Rooms are a bit smaller than your average W but clean. I was impressed this time with the staff. Very friendly, valet was quick, and hosts hospitable. They have remodeled the restaraunt and it is much much better. Very cool decor and vibe.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Timmergund
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Timmergund - Thank you so much for your review and repeat visits! I'm so glad you've enjoyed our Southern Hospitiality and new restaurant, Cook Hall! Can't wait to see you again!

All the Best

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Korean first
Burbank, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

To say this hotel is eclectic would be an understatement. It was not what I expected at all and at first glance my room screamed " the 70's called and they want their decor back". it's an odd mix of furnishings and a floor to ceiling bathroom door that is frosted glass ! Don't be put off by the fact that this is not your average hotel. Here are some of the good things that make it unique : THE STAFF- is wonderful -accommodating and more importantly Sincere. From the valet, to the front desk staff to bartender, to waiter- across the board they seem to Love what they do and what they do best is make you feel welcome. The little in room amenities , sure we are used to shampoo, creame rinse, body wash and lotion but how about makeup remover, a nail kit, a dental kit, a loofa
And more all just sitting in your bathroom for your use? How about the cozy slippers that are yours to take home and the plush bathrobe for your use while there? It's these little things that says someone is thinking about what will make you feel comfortable. The only complaint is boy do they need to soundproof these rooms - the earplugs on the pillow are unfortunately necessary if your neighbors are having a fight or other type of lively" discussion.". other than that - and that IS a big deal I found the bed very comfy, the hotel to be clean, in good repair and just plain fun to stay in. The food in the "pub" was quite good and it is open late - they also have 24 hour room service several bars and a rooftop lounge. I'd absolutely stay here again .

Room Tip: Get one at the end of the hall that way you only will have another room on one side of you.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bonnie V
Bonnie V - Thanks for your review. And you're right, none of the W Hotels fall into a "cookie cutter" concept - and we're okay with that, but it sounds like you are too :) Yes, our people and small touches absolutely elevate us above "standard" hotels and I'm glad you felt our passion. Can't wait to see you again!

Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Came to spend the weekend with friends so I choose this hotel because Lenox mall is one of my favorite places to shop in Atlanta. Upon arrival the service was superior the valet was kind and cheerful and gave compliments worthy of a great tip. Check in was a breeze I was in a rush so the front desk arranged to have my bags taken to my room. the W signature bed always gives me a great night sleep and i love the hotel mini bar. The Sky bar was beautiful and had amazing views the bartender and wait staff were perfect. The music and crowd was exactly the right mix. I am a true fan of the W brand always offering SUPERIOR SERVICE and QUALITY!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors offer the best views. The Sky Bar happy hour is wonderful.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
SassiTraveler33- Thanks so much for your review; I'm so glad you were able to enjoy a fun, friend-filled weekend! Hope to see you again soon!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My boyfriend surprised me and took me to the W Buckhead the weekend before Christmas to spend some quality time together. The service from the moment we stepped out of the car to the time we spent there, and until the day we left, was SUPERB! The valet personnel was excellent, and the staff were friendly, and the rooms were gorgeous!
The only minor complaints I had was when i turned on the shower, brown water came out initially - as if the water hadn't been used/turned on in a very long time and we were also right below (on the 11th floor) the rooftop bar/lounge so we could hear the music, but it didn't bother us personally, but to some people, they would mind it....other than that, the hotel was excellent :) will definitely go again!

Room Tip: Don't get the 11th floor if you don't like noise! :) any room is great at the W
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
dna2013 - What a nice surprise! Yes, please! Thanks so much for the review and your feedback (I've also shared your note about the unpleasant 11th floor surprise with our engineering team to investigate). We can't wait to welcome you and your boyfriend back for more getaways - thanks again!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is showing signs of a hard partying group of guests. Paint is chipped in common areas and hallways are scuffed up. Rooms do not have adequate sound proofing and the front desk was cooly indifferent. Whatever Whenever could not execute a simple request like please have dinner delivered from the lobby restaurant. I would look for another hotel in the area.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
YGlobalTraveler - Thank you for your candid feedback. While we are just four years young, we are constantly trying to keep up with the hustle and bustle of our guests and the impact it has on our property; I will share your comments with our operations staff accordingly. Additionally, I appreciate your comments about the staff themselves and will reinforce the importance of our Whatever/Whenever service meaning just that. Thank you again for your time and feedback.

AtlantaGA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I arrived at this hotel at 8:30p tonight and it is almost midnight now. I knew by 11p that i would not stay here again or recommend others stay here. Its a decently appointed W hotel. Room is comfortable and clean. I happen to like the decor and the bathrooms. I ordered room service which came with in 40 mins as promised. Server was courteous and pleasant and food was okay. Biggest drawback to this place is the noise. I can hear every door slam and conversation happening in the hallway. Not mention that i can hear my next door neighbors toilet flush LOUDLY. The worst part is that I was given a room that has a locked door that adjoins to another guest room. And literally everything can heard through that door. The guests (frat boys) came into that room around 11p, turned up their music really loud and were trying to talk (yell) at each other over the music. The volume of voices and music is so loud I don't know how I will sleep tonight. Earlier In the evening i noticed my room has a white noise machine which I thought was a nice touch for the W to provide but now know its the only thing that may get me through the night. That and turning on the loud air conditioner should help drown out the party next door. Sleeping pill may be in order for tonight.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
pookieAtl - Thank you for your "live" feedback for us. While I am glad to hear you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us from decor to service, I'm sorry that you were hearing too much of everything else. I would like to follow up with you regarding the rest of your experience and if amenable, kindly let me know how things went at GMmarylouise.fitzgibbon@whotels.com so I can let the staff in on the rest of your story and get the details on your particular reservation. Thank you again and I hope the rest of your stay reflected something more like how it began.

costa mesa, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is your typical W hotel
The decor, ambiance and service is classy. Of course the walls are paper thin and the rooms are a little small. However, all of the details are top notch, the place exudes character. From the well appointed decor to the overly friendly check-in staff, the W always presents the winning recipe for an artful hotel.
The TVs are hi-def, and offers a huge selection. But don't be square, head up to the rooftop bar, the Whiskey Blue and enjoy the well stocked beer with a fantastic view of the Atlanta countryside.
As I said in my title, the backup TP is packaged in a canvas tie bag with a clear label that says "Backup Plan". Its this sense of humor and style that makes the hotel my top choice in whatever city I'm in.

Room Tip: choose a room facing the downtown, not Buckhead central
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Justin44 - I agree, "don't be square"! Thank you for your well-rounded review and room tips. We look forward to seeing you again soon at W Atlanta - Buckhead and we'll save you a seat at Whiskey Blue!