“Not a very good impression or stay”

W Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #60 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I doubt I will ever return to the W at Buckhead. Upon arrival, the door malfunctioned and would not open. I finally got it to open and met my business associate for drinks in the lobby. When my wife arrived we tried to return to the room. The door would not open at all. I politely asked the, not so glad to help you, desk to fix this. They insisted it was a bad key. It was not. I returned to the desk asked for security to open it and change rooms. This process took about 40 minutes total. Needless to say, I was late for everything beyond that, that night. After returning to the hotel bar later that night, I mistakenly left my cell phone on a table. The front desk again, "not their problem", attitude explained that they had no way to get in the bar because it was owned by a third party, despite the fact it is on their property. No, we will get it for you later, no help of any kind. Just too bad so sad. Finally I met someone at the front desk who would help and finally got my phone. Bad experience, just bad. If I were manager, I would definitely find some new people who cared about my customers.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Charles D - Thank you for your review. I am happy that we have been able to communicate offline to ensure that both the physical issues you encountered are addressed (like door locks) but also the attitdue and level of service you received. Neither of these are indicative of our normal day to day operations and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back

Thank you again for your time and feedback.

There are newer reviews for W Atlanta - Buckhead

Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Great associates here!!! Love W Hotels in general, but really have to say the staff here was consistently awesome. Really liked room too, very comfortable and stylish. Very convenient location in Buckhead.

• Stayed: October 2012
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

JimmyMango22 - We love you too! Thanks for the review and we'll see you soon!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in the E-WOW Suite for our wedding anniversary!! Can't say enough about this hotel! The staff was great from the GM Mary to Mike who I think was the Front Desk Manager! They went above and beyond any expectations! This hotel was very hip and modern! They have several bars including a roof top bar called Whiskey Blue which was really cool! The hotel room was amazing- a bit on the high side-BUT if your wanting to spulrge it's a great choice! Thanks again! The Michalik's!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

tommichalik - Tom, good to hear from you again and thank you for your lovely review of your anniversary! I'm so glad you enjoyed the property from our Extreme WOW suite and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back again soon!

Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I live in the area, and we take an overnight getaway to the city every couple of months. We are Starwood Preferred Guests, so we've stayed at our fair share of their properties in Atlanta. We enjoyed our night away, but the Westin two doors down is nicer and more spacious if you're looking to stay in Buckhead. We also really like The W Midtown too.

• Stayed: October 2012

shley17 - Thank you for choosing W Atlanta - Buckhead for one of your frequent staycations and for your SPG loyalty - both are very much appreciated. We also appreciate your high rankings in all categories and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your husband back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

W Atlanta Buckhead is right in the middle of Buckhead. next door to Lenox Mall and surrounded by great restaurants. though Peachtree St. and Lenox Rd. can be hectic with traffic, the location can't get much better for shopping and eating. the MARTA station is a couple blocks down which can take you to the airport or any sporting event Atlanta has during that part of the year.

the rooms are very modern and chic. there's not much space and the bathroom is a bit awkward. the rooms are somewhat expensive, but with location it makes up for it.

they have an amazing pool that overlooks Peachtree St.

would definitely recommend this hotel, though there are definitely cheaper options.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

themattkim - So glad you enjoyed our premium, in-the-heart-of Buckhead location and the rest of the property. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

As the W will likely tell you in a pre-arrival email, this is NOT the place to stay if you are looking for a relaxing stay. I was here for two nights (Thurs-Fri), and whilst the rooms were really terrific and the staff helpful, the noise from both the street outside (Peachtree) and the hotel inside (hallway) detracted from my sleep and level of enjoyment. I also got a call from a random person inviting me to shower and join him for a drink at 10:30pm one evening, which was a first for me! (Fear not, I did not take him up on his kind offer.)

The location is good in that it's walkable from MARTA and they have the "Acura Experience" to drive you within a 2-3 mile radius of the hotel (just be prepared for the heavy marketing pitch) for places to eat, shopping, etc. There is a lot of construction outside, so the sidewalks aren't 100% pedestrian friendly. Free wifi (based on your room rate) and free coffee in the lobby each morning. The Bliss toiletries in the rooms are great.

This would be a great place if you are looking to spend time in the bar and/or club upstairs, otherwise I would strongly suggest one of thier sister properties.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the mall, rather than Peachtree - you should get less street noise. Floors 5 a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

anchmer - Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with the TripAdvisor community. I am thrilled that you enjoyed many aspects of the property, most importantly the staff followed by location, our rooms, and several of our amenities. However, I am sorry to learn that some of Buckhead's construction noise and fellow guests detracted from your overall stay with us. I do hope the good outweighed the bad and we can expect a return visit from you in the future, as our security is always on patrol and the construction will come to a close - a sigh of relief to the entire Buckhead community.
Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The W in Buckhead is in a great location! Friendly staff and clean and comfortable rooms.The lobby was very artsy, looked the shabby chic room decor. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Carla C - Thanks so much for your kind review and future reservations and recommendations! I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. See you soon!