“No real bathroom”

Ranked #66 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“No real bathroom”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

As the title suggests, don't stay here with someone with whom you're not comfortable sharing your bathroom activities! The bathroom was not separate; the sink was in the room and the toilet/shower area could only be closed off by a very flimsy glass door. This door turned out to be pretty see-through. Also, the shower only has half a glass door, so the water comes out the back. The whole design was bewildering. Perhaps there are other rooms with regular bathrooms; we didn't bother asking because we weren't there long and got a good laugh about it.

As for the room, it was spacious and clean. We knew it would be trendy but I agree with an earlier review that the decor was more "cheap than chic."

Good location in Buckhead, central to many things and walking distance to restaurants and bars. The valet parking is comparable in price and quality to all the others in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
DixieWanderer - Thank you for your review from your recent stay with us. Yes, we do have some pretty "trendy" bathrooms as you put it, but if that's not for you, there are some more traditional layouts to choose from. I am glad that you enjoyed the room and our location, as well as found our valet pricing fair. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again soon!

All the Best

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed at the W Buckhead with my family which included 3 small kids. The W wasn't my first choice but the only one available. I was a bit worried that it wouldn't be a good experience given I had the kids in tow. I was very surprised how the staff reacted, they went out of the way to make my wife and I feel comfortable and better yet, welcomed the kids. The staff watched us leave to go out to dinner and was watching for our return so they could deliver cookies to kids before bed. That is excellent service and the management team should be commended. Everyone was professional, well trained, and courteous from the management down to the porter. It is nice to see a management team run that smooth of an operation while holding their staff to such a high bar. Well done!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Matt F - Why, thank you! What a nice review and it was our pleasure to take care of you and your family! Hopefully now we can be your first choice when in Buckhead! We hope to see you again soon! I can't wait to share this with the team - a great example of Whatever/Whenever service!

Portland, OR
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Typical, great W hotel. Room was very quiet and comfortable. Downstairs bar and roof-top bar are both very nice. I may not be hip enough to stay here, but I still like it.

The hotel is a three block walk to the Lenox Square mall. I lost my cell phone on this trip and that turned out to be very handy. The hotel staff tried diligently to help me locate my phone (lost in a cab, didn't know the cab company).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Ben H - Thanks so much for your review. And we're so glad that enjoyed both our Living Room Bar as well as our rooftop bar, Whiskey Blue. We hope you got a hold of your cell phone and give us a call when you're ready for another reservation - we hope it's sooner rather than later!

Thanks again!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 28, 2012

First - no self park, valet only ($32), the only fault at this hotel. Everything else is magnificent. My room was simply elegant and trendy. The bed was so comfortable - a great sleep. The roof bar is soooo cool. Lots to do closeby - restaurants & shopping. Much more comfortable than the hotels in mid-town. The staff is WELL trained, every staff member wasa extremely helpful.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 7th floor - probably a good decision. heard the higher floors do a get "vibrat...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Bob c - What a kind review, thank you! From W signature beds, well-trained staff, location, and Whiskey Blue and more - I think you've found your Buckhead hotel!! While yes, valet is the exclusive option available on property, we are happy to discuss other options with you available in the area for your next visit - which is hopefully soon! Can't wait to see you!!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

While the hotel is clean and very trendy (maybe too trendy, in the way that everyone that works there thinks that they are better than anyone else) it significantly underwhelms for what it proports to be.

First, terrible valet service (which is not optional by the way). Sat in the car for 10 min waiting for a valet, one finally found me but then ran off. I then unloaded my own car as 5 more passed by not trying to help.

The rooms: more stylish than luxury. First they are tiny!!! The sink is in the main room like a cheap motel and the shower/toilet area is a closet.

Don't get me started on the fact the Internet and breakfast are not included, but I have grown used to it in this tier of hotel. But come on, a cheaper Hampton Inn has all of that and good service!

To its credit everyone was nice (except the valet as per above) and very clean. However pool and other amenities were subpar for 4 stars and the elevators were overwhelmed with guests and housekeeper carts.

There are many other 4 star properties out there, so of you are going to spend the money I would go with another brand. When paying for a premium room I expect an Above average stay which this was certainly not.

• Stayed July 2012
Pastraw - Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. Whether good, bad, or indifferent, we welcome all comments as we are continually striving to improve the everyday experience for our guests, instill value and increase loyalty. I will be sharing your comments with the team, especially about your valet encounters, and stress the importance of our Whatever/Whenever service. I do hope that we can welcome you back soon and deliver a true W experience, should we have that chance, please feel free to email me at any time at GMmarylouise.fitzgibbon@whotels.com and I'll be happy to help in providing that experience.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Cecked in for a two night stay. The summer rate package was very goo deal including wifi, valet parking, two signature cocktails and an upgraded room. Checkin was quick and efficient. The room is a good use of space, pretty new, good solid furnishings. Power outlets aplenty on the desk and good lighting options. Air con a bit loud but in good working order otherwise. Rooms service for dinner very good and quick. On small issue with breakfast from room service but quickly remedied. Dinner a good value, breakfast a but meager for what was ordered.

One small kink to be worked out. Used the new W app to order some extra body wash for the room. Still waiting to receive that;)

Great value for the price. Awesome location. High marks overall.

Room Tip: Choose a fabulous room on a high floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
RKenn44263 - Thank you for your review and I'm so glad that you enjoyed and found a great value in one of our Summer Escape packages - they're a fantastic deal! I appreciate your notes on both the use of the SPG App and the room tip - which I'll be sure to share with the team - thank you! We hope to see you again soon!

chicago,IL
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I Just returned from 5 days in Buckhead and the W Hotel.
The Good: The location was ideal for my purposes. Lots of shopping and dining nearby and access to the Marta right across the street. The W provided excellent transportation services through the concierge desk. I used the drivers each day (since I did not rent a car). Nice perk!
The lobby and entrance is smart and stylish. I enjoyed the Serenity Pool and liked the fitness center, complete with headsets etc. The staff was great. The bed was delightful.
The Bad: The bathroom in the room! Though I should just call it a toilet room. Or rather a toilet in the middle of the room witth a sliding door. The worst design I have ever seen. The only way this works is if you are traveling alone. (I was not)
I also did not love my breakfast at the Market restaurant on the first floor. Not much of a selection and they got it wrong 2 days in a row. In summary,
I enjoyed my experience but would probably select a more traditional hotel in the future. My 18 year old son loved the swanky setting. Maybe I am getting old.....

1 Thank carmelina
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
carmelina - Thank you for your well balanced review. With perks of great staff, location, and amenities, I hope we can see you and your son again soon. I have shared all of your comments with the staff, including those not - so - good, and hope that in a potential return visit we have the opportunity to show you other room layouts, improved dining experiences and an overall fantastic W experience. Thank you again for your feedback.