“A 'Wowing' Boutique Experience”

W Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #58 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed November 3, 2011

The W Buckhead has been my second home for over two years now. They continue to wow me with their top notch team that goes above and beyond in all facets of the hotel user experience. You experience this from your arrival at the valet service and the welcome desk through to room service, Whiskey Blue, The Living Room (the hotel’s two trendy bars) and its Jean George restaurant.

I suggest grabbing a cool cocktail at Whiskey Blue, finding the W insider to get in the know on what’s going on during your stay or talk to the knowledgeable concierges for restaurant picks. Be sure to also check out the smooth ride offered by the hotel’s Acura Drivers. Enjoy your stay! You won’t be disappointed!

Room Tip: Select a room below 11th floor and to outside of center of building.....
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank NYC-090366
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

NYC090366 - To get one glowing TripAdvisor review is one thing - but to get another, after a guest has lived with you for TWO years, is truly amazing. Each time you have given a great overall perspective of the hotel and I am so glad to hear that the staff has made your life on the road all that much easier. I can't wait to share this with them; we really value your loyalty. So glad you've made W Atlanta Buckhead your home away from home!

All the Best

Write a ReviewReviews (1,424)

Reviewed November 2, 2011

I stayed 2 nites at this property with 3 rooms. Everyone agreed that it was first class. Valet was ontime, lobby was clean, front desk and service express went above and beyond. Certainly my hotel of choice whenever I'm in atl.

Room Tip: rooms on higher end was quiet
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2011

What a disappointment! Our biggest clue upon check-in was "don't worry about the noise, the lounge here will close at 10:30 PM and the bar closes at 2:30AM." It really didn't register with us, we thought this was just general check-in info. However, when the walls were still shaking BOTH NIGHTS at 3:00 AM, we called and were told, "Sorry, there's nothing we can do, it's a private party. Would you like some earplugs?" OK, this is just wrong on SO many levels. The bottom line is that we felt that the staff could care less about the guests, it was all about the party(ies) and bar tabs. Chats in the elevator with other guests proved we were not alone and for various reasons, quite a few were never planning to return. For our stay anyway, my husband summed it up well by saying " They need to decide if they want to be a hotel or a nightclub."

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank holabonjour
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2011

holabonjour - I can feel your disappointment and I am genuinely sorry that your weekend away didn't live up to your expectations or mine. We are working with our third party partners to ensure that any entertainment/private parties/events don't interfere with the operation of the hotel and I would like to apologize for the impact that this had on your stay. I have also shared your response with the operations team as a training example. Please feel free to email me directly if you would like to discuss your experience further at gmmarylouise.fitzgibbon@whotels.com. Thank you for your time and feedback.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

Positives:
Willie the Acura driver: Excellent!
Valet attendants: Excellent!
Bartenders: Excellent!
Breakfast servers and food: Excellent though a little pricey!

Negatives
Though I called to be sure my laundry would be cleaned and returned in one day, it was not. The “whatever/whenever” did not seem to have a clue.
The bathtub leaked into the hall which resulted in a couple of hours work to repair while my wife was trying to get dressed to go out.
A blower was put in the hall and left to dry the carpet right by our room and sounded like a C130 at take-off. I think someone should have checked on this in the evening and removed for a restful sleep due to the noise it created.
Someone knocked on the door at 0830 of our last morning there to see if we were still in the room. Is it not possible to have a print out of who has checked out without waking people up that early?
My wife called down about room service breakfast and could not understand what the person was saying and apparently was hung up on. Again, the “whatever/whenever” is a joke.
The rooms really are not designed for a business traveler with little work space and no truly comfortable chair to sit in to watch tv or to work from. This is a design issue not something with the hotel staff of course.
The “whatever/whenever” service at this W is Never/Never.
Hotel in general is noisy!

While the location is fantastic, I probably will not return to this location as there are much better W hotels in Atlanta. The price does not reflect the quality of the stay in general unfortunately. I have sent this exact note to the hotel manager for their review.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I stayed two nights at this hotel for a conference. The hotel lobby is very stylish, check-in staff was friendly and professional (and I love the trendy outfits), very cool vibe overall. On first impression, my room was comfortable and stylish, with two queen beds and a small workspace. The bathroom is extremely small with a sliding glass door, but was adequate for my needs. The bed was comfortable and the pillows some of the best I have seen (I stay 100+ nights per year in hotels). My one complaint with the bed is the use of flat sheets on the bottom. These invariably come untucked and make for a messy sleep. This is a huge pet peeve of mine and I don't understand why hotels can't use fitted sheets. The room and bathroom were rather dark but I requested a brighter bulb in the bathroom and the hotel accommodated. Overall, the physical facilities were fine for my two night stay.

However, what made for a horrible stay was the noise from the rooftop bar. I stayed in room 1117 and it was a nightmare. This room is directly next to the elevator and I could hear it coming and going until the wee hours. In addition, the bar has cheap fake wood floors and you can hear the constant tap tap tap of high heels walking across. To add insult to injury, the person in the room next door decided to have a party (there was an adjoining door but it may as well have been open) and it took me calling the front desk three times before the party was finally broken up at 230am. When you have early morning business meetings this makes for a huge annoyance.

What I don't understand is why the hotel would book all of its conference attendees into rooms on the 11th floor knowing we have early meetings. The hotel staff surely knows about the noise from the bar and one would think they would put us on lower floors where we can't hear the music. Poor event planning.

Overall, I would only recommend this hotel for those who will party in the bar and then pass out so they can't hear the noise. Not a good business hotel by any stretch of the imagination.

Room Tip: Avoid the 11th floor at all costs and try to get a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I stayed at the W for three nights while in Atlanta. Very clean, great location, and attentive staff. Only downside- small bathroom.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 14, 2011

This was my third time staying at this hotel! It is my favorite by far! My husband and I decided to stay here after dinner so it was a total "spur of the moment" we didn’t have even have reservations. From the valet attendants to the front desk, we didn’t have to worry about or want for anything!! We were accommodated with a beautiful spacious room with a lovely view. The room was very very clean and the decor is spectacular!

We were meeting friends that night so we had them just meet us at the hotel so we could all ride together to a local comedy club, the front desk was great about having a taxi there and ready for us in no time!

To finish off the evening Whisky Blue (rooftop lounge) was spectacular!! It was a great way to just chill out and have a few more beverages... beautiful!

Room service at 1 am was spectacular!! Fast service, food was delicious and still hot when it arrived! Best Mac-N-Cheese ever!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2011

cgdpeace - Sounds like a fabulous evening out!! Thank you for your kind (and glowing) review! I can't wait to share it with the staff and to create many more wonderful memories for you, your family and friends. I'm delighted that your third visit was also a charm - and we look forward to many more!!